• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious John Tan And River Valley Grassroots Leaders Scold MindChamps CEO Over Elitist Letter!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A letter dated 27 July that was purportedly written by the Chief Executive Officer of MindChamps Preschool, Mr Ray Ong Swee Liong, went viral for its allegedly elitist and discriminatory content regarding the application for the grassroots leadership of the River Valley Neighbourhood Committee.

In the letter, Mr Ong wrote that parents of children attending MindChamps Preschool "have been given priority access to sign up as grassroots leaders with River Valley Neighbourhood Committee".

According to the CEO of the preschool, signing up as grassroots leaders, will allow them to "receive recommendation letters for schools within our [River Valley] precinct, for example River Valley Primary School".

He added that "in order to be an active grassroots leader", parents are required to "participate actively in their program and organise up to two activities or major events".

He also said that the primary aim of the priority access is "to help ease the stress during the Primary 1 enrollment exercise", on top of giving back "to society" as well as to "foster greater synergy [...] amongst Singaporeans".

37928857_647723502265127_1229847478434529280_n.jpg

In the wake of Mr Ong's letter, My River Valley Neighbourhood has issued a statement on their Facebook post yesterday, stating that "the letter was prepared solely by the preschool" without having consulted the neighbourhood committee beforehand:

37964942_2087910161460879_959495951624437760_n.jpg

My River Valley Neighbourhood Committee added that "the information cited in the letter was inappropriate and inaccurate" despite MindChamps' "good intention to encourage parents to contribute to the community".

The committee added that they have "since communicated with MindChamps" and that the preschool is "apologetic in this whole incident", concluding that MindChamps "have agreed to retract the letter".

https://www.facebook.com/myriverval...728226312410/2087702471481648/?type=3&theater
A revision of Mr Ong's response on 29 July was posted five hours later, as the initial response was wrongly dated:

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/20...ers-for-schools-such-as-river-valley-primary/

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously a loser like Johtan who would fight like a CAQ over glassloot post, true chams would right for jobs like president of USA or north Korea so that you can grab pussies or public attention.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol.... what kind of cheebye is this Mr Ong? He wrote a letter dated 27th July, and expects parents to return the previously sent letter back to him the on 30th July.

Is he a King?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I find absolutely nothing wrong with the contents of the letter. It's a simple case of "you help me and I'll help you in return." The Chinese call it "Guanxi" and it is perfectly suited to the Singapore system where Western values are considered immoral while Confucian teachings are revered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanxi

Guanxi (Chinese: 關係) describes the rudimentary dynamic in personalized social networks of influence (which can be best described as the relationships individuals cultivate with other individuals) and is a central idea in Chinese society. In Western media, the pinyin romanization of this Chinese word is becoming more widely used instead of the two common translations of it—"connections" and "relationships"—as neither of those terms sufficiently reflects the wide cultural implications that guanxi describes.[1]

Guanxi largely originates from the Chinese social philosophy of Confucianism, which stresses the importance of associating oneself with others in a hierarchical manner, in order to maintain social and economic order. Particularly, there is an emphasis on implicit mutual obligations, reciprocity, and trust, which are the foundations of guanxi and guanxi networks.[2]

Guanxi also has a major influence on the management of businesses based in Mainland China, and businesses owned by Overseas Chinese in Southeast Asia (the latter is known as the bamboo network).[3]

Closely related concepts include that of ganqing, a measure which reflects the depth of feeling within an interpersonal relationship, renqing (人情 rénqíng/jen-ch'ing), the moral obligation to maintain a relationship, and the idea of "face" (面子, miànzi/mien-tzu), which refers to social status, propriety, prestige, or a combination of all three. Other related concepts include wu-lune, which supports the idea of a long term, developing relationship between a business and its client, and yi-ren and ren, which respectively support reciprocity and empathy.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Obviously a loser like Johtan who would fight like a CAQ over glassloot post, true chams would right for jobs like president of USA or north Korea so that you can grab pussies or public attention.

Years ago, my grassroots volunteerism gave my kids priority to the best primary schools in the ward. Some people jump onto the bandwagon way too late.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Years ago, my grassroots volunteerism gave my kids priority to the best primary schools in the ward. Some people jump onto the bandwagon way too late.

I'm sure your kids are very intelligent and would achieve outstanding academic results no matter which school they went to.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm sure your kids are very intelligent and would achieve outstanding academic results no matter which school they went to.

My kids did exceptionally well because they studied in good schools taught by the best teachers and surrounded by equally gifted and rich kids. My kids might have turned out for the worse if they were forced to study in neighbourhood schools. I may have to end up sending them to study in Australia instead.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find absolutely nothing wrong with the contents of the letter. It's a simple case of "you help me and I'll help you in return." The Chinese call it "Guanxi" and it is perfectly suited to the Singapore system where Western values are considered immoral while Confucian teachings are revered.
Only a loser will need "Guanxi" to look successful. It was akin to a prostitute needing a pimp for help.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has gone from volunterism to voyuerism, wait till he impress you with 6.9 years collection of upskirt of kids inside female toylet

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only a loser will need "Guanxi" to look successful. It was akin to a prostitute needing a pimp for help.

Catholics build guanxi with dead saints so that God will listen more favourably to their prayers if the dead saints petitioned to God on their behalf.

Chinks do the same when they pray to their little deities so that the great Buddha or Guanyin or Jade Emperor will grant their wishes.

You talk to me, I talk to my grassroots advisors and Ah Gong or to PM Lee, and your requests may have a better chance of being approved.

It's all about guanxi.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Catholics build guanxi with dead saints so that God will listen more favourably to their prayers if the dead saints petitioned to God on their behalf.

Chinks do the same when they pray to their little deities so that the great Buddha or Guanyin or Jade Emperor will grant their wishes.

It's all about guanxi.
U don't need dead Catholic or corpse to bridge with dog, just throw a cat off the flat n you guanxi with dog will improve

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
A letter dated 27 July that was purportedly written by the Chief Executive Officer of MindChamps Preschool, Mr Ray Ong Swee Liong, went viral for its allegedly elitist and discriminatory content regarding the application for the grassroots leadership of the River Valley Neighbourhood Committee.

In the letter, Mr Ong wrote that parents of children attending MindChamps Preschool "have been given priority access to sign up as grassroots leaders with River Valley Neighbourhood Committee".

According to the CEO of the preschool, signing up as grassroots leaders, will allow them to "receive recommendation letters for schools within our [River Valley] precinct, for example River Valley Primary School".
/

What a joke and a laugh!
Regardless of what elite schools your kids enrolled in Singapore, they all will lose out to Pinoys , Bangla and Indians later when it comes to getting a job.
THEY are Foreigh Talents.
Singaporeans are anything but foreign talent. fit only to be Deliveroo boys and girls and Grab drivers.
See other Singaporeans for proof of that.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ray Ong Swee Lieng sucked the wrong COCKS....the opposition should start a dossier on this cocksuckers & find out, how many companies he fronted or connected to any of the RC's etc..

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a joke and a laugh!
Regardless of what elite schools your kids enrolled in Singapore, they all will lose out to Pinoys , Bangla and Indians later when it comes to getting a job.
THEY are Foreigh Talents.
Singaporeans are anything but foreign talent. fit only to be Deliveroo boys and girls and Grab drivers.
See other Singaporeans for proof of that.
Unless they are scholars and are part of the elite..than no competition

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
These fucking cunts are gathered around like a band of who's who trying to get an unfair advantage over others. Should suspend all activities involving Mindchamp.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
These fucking cunts are gathered around like a band of who's who trying to get an unfair advantage over others. Should suspend all activities involving Mindchamp.

What fucking advantage?
Stinkaporeans kids all destined to lose out to FT Pinoys/Bangla/Indian kids!

WAKE UP YOUR FUCKING IDEA!