• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Job cuts : Avalache of job losses

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
unemployment_intro.jpg

By Moira Herbst
U.S. Unemployment by the Numbers

Unemployment rates—and benefits that are offered to unemployed workers—vary greatly from state to state. The national unemployment rate was 7.2% as of December, with the average weekly benefit check currently about $293. About 38% of the jobless receive benefits. When calculating maximum weekly earnings, states offer a certain percentage of the applicant's average weekly wage. Some states also use a formula designed to help low-wage workers collect more benefits than they would with a standard calculation. These formulas account for ranges in weekly benefit maximums. See how your state stacks up.

Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Labor Dept.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinkee Long: Don't worry...we are still monitoring the jobless situation.we share your pain....remember we have a very "bold and decisive" budget..yes very big budget,u cannot feel it in your bones ??? (Anyway,whatever happens,u have to help yourself ...try not to disturb me too much ...I'm busy counting my......)