• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Chitchat Jiuhu Kia Warns Sinkies to be Humble, Not Call Matland Cheap Cheap Place!

Pinkieslut

#trending: 'Don’t call Malaysia cheap’ — content creator urges Singaporeans to be more humble when shopping there​

Financial educator, Mr Loo Cheng Chuan urged Singaporeans to be more humble and refrain from commenting that things are cheap when shopping in Malaysia in a recent YouTube video.
1M65/YouTube
Financial educator, Mr Loo Cheng Chuan urged Singaporeans to be more humble and refrain from commenting that things are "cheap" when shopping in Malaysia in a recent YouTube video.
Follow us on Instagram and Tiktok, and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.
  • In a viral video, financial content creator Loo Cheng Chuan urged Singaporeans to be more humble and sensitive when shopping in Malaysia
  • He criticised those who flaunt their wealth and privilege by buying groceries in bulk and over ordering in restaurants while visiting Malaysia, calling it "bird people" behaviour
  • His message gained widespread support, with some offering suggestions like tipping for good service and to be more gracious as customers

BY

LEE WENXIN

Published November 1, 2023
Updated November 1, 2023
WhatsAppTelegramFacebookTwitterEmailLinkedIn
SINGAPORE — According to “Singapore math”, money spent in Malaysia by Singaporeans is negligible.
However, one local content creator is calling for Singaporeans to be more humble and less arrogant when shopping in Malaysia. His video, which has gone viral on YouTube and TikTok, has received widespread support.

ADVERTISEMENT​

With the Singapore dollar hitting an all-time high of S$1 to RM3.5 against the Malaysian ringgit last Tuesday (Oct 24), Singaporean YouTuber Mr Loo Cheng Chuan, 51, anticipated that more Singaporeans will be making a trip down to Malaysia.
Mr Loo, who makes videos educating Singaporeans about finance, made the news previously for reaching S$1 million in combined Central Provident Fund (CPF) savings between him and his wife at the age of 45 in 2018.
In his recent video, Mr Loo claims that some Singaporeans flaunt their wealth in Malaysia by buying groceries in bulk and eating lavishly, without realising how privileged they are.

Dubbing it as “bird people” behaviour, Mr Loo urged Singaporeans to be more “sensitive” of Malaysians.
“Because of the powerful Singapore dollar, things become so cheap, we always say ‘cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap’ right?

Do you know how a Malaysian (would) feel?”
Speaking to TODAY, the financial educator said that he was inspired to make the video when he noticed the ever-growing traffic jams at the customs to Malaysia from Singapore that stretch up to nine hours long, which he partly attributes to the stronger Singapore dollar against Malaysian ringgit.
Admitting that he is guilty of the "bird" mentality too, Mr Loo said he had made the video as a reminder to himself and others to be gracious when shopping in Malaysia.
When enough “birds flock to the shop”, prices will increase, warned Mr Loo in his video.

He noted to TODAY that the price difference between Singapore and Malaysia is no longer three times cheaper. Instead, Singaporeans stand to save around 30 per cent to 50 per cent when shopping in Malaysia as prices in Malaysia have gone up.

“Don’t flaunt your purchases, don’t flaunt your Singapore dollar and don’t flaunt your meals,” he continued.
Calling the behaviour “miserly” in Hokkien, Mr Loo asked for Singaporeans to be more humble as they are simply lucky to have “won the lottery game by being born in the right country” with a stronger currency.
"Things can change very suddenly (for Singapore)," he told TODAY.
The YouTube video, uploaded last Thursday (Oct 26), garnered close to 50,000 views and 100 comments in less than a week.
Most viewers supported Mr Loo’s take.

One viewer commented: “Totally agree with you. I always remind my wife, mother and sister about this every time we go in.”
A viewer offered another perspective: “In fact, many of these 'bird' customers are actually poor Singaporeans. That's why they are very price sensitive to the extent of sacrificing convenience and quality to do grocery shopping in Malaysia.”
Some online users offered tips to be a gracious consumer in Malaysia: “One way to be more generous would be to tip for good service like Grab rides, massage or pedicure, and the likes.”
Another had a more unconventional way of doing so: “When I buy stuff in Johor Bahru, I will never say out loud that it is ‘cheap, cheap’.
"But, when the shop owner gives me change, I will refuse it and whisper discreetly in their ears...Please keep the change, your prices are really too low.”
Asking Singaporeans to put themselves in Malaysians’ shoes, one commenter rationalised: “Assuming one day it is the reverse, Malaysian ringgit rises above the Singapore dollar and they (Malaysians) behave the same way in Singapore, would Singaporeans like it?”

Assuming one day it is the reverse, Malaysian ringgit rises above the Singapore dollar and they (Malaysians) behave the same way in Singapore, would Singaporeans like it?
6oct2006, YouTube user
Separately, Mr Loo’s video was shared on TikTok by a channel called “sgkakinang” on Tuesday.
The video received close to 600,000 views on TikTok and over 1,000 comments within a day.
Though many comments echoed Mr Loo’s sentiments, others also disputed his statement.
“I go to Johor Bahru very frequently. I have not heard people saying ‘cheap cheap cheap’,” said one, with others making similar observations.
A user offered a much more plausible Singaporean reaction: “I don’t say it’s cheap, I go there and say ‘wah so expensive, can bargain or not.’”

This boomer uncle por lumpar of Malaysia. Knn… made me laugh when he boasted about him AND wife crossing 1 million in CPF. Pls la… mai haolian this type of useless shit.​

https://loo.guru/

FOUNDER OF THE 1M65 MOVEMENT​

When he was younger, Loo developed a financial strategy that allowed him to take advantage of his funds in CPF. He professes to be an ordinary Singaporean with an extraordinary CPF investment strategy that he believes could help many Singaporean couples become millionaires upon retirement.
In 2018, Loo and his Wife crossed S$1M in their CPF savings at 45 years old, proving many 1M65 sceptics wrong. Loo and his 1M65 strategy have been repeatedly featured in mainstream news and online media.
Through many of his free public talks and regularly writings on 1M65, Loo hopes to help many Singaporean became financially independent. He was one of the few non-civil servant to be awarded the Public Sector Transformation award in 2018 for his 1M65 efforts.
Loo is happily married to Bee Yee and together, they have three lovely teenagers that are also deeply grounded with good financial values and it is his firm belief that wealth building starts young.

tobelightlight

Financial educator, Mr Loo Cheng Chuan urged Singaporeans to be more humble and refrain from commenting that things are "cheap" when shopping in Malaysia in a recent YouTube video.
This type mostly vaccinated one. Karma will catch up to them. Remember I posted before about sinkies saying Malaysia very inefficient in the bus while there are Malaysians in the bus. 90% vaccinated.. See what happened next.

k1976

#trending: 'Don’t call Malaysia cheap’ — content creator urges Singaporeans to be more humble when shopping there​

Financial educator, Mr Loo Cheng Chuan urged Singaporeans to be more humble and refrain from commenting that things are cheap when shopping in Malaysia in a recent YouTube video.
1M65/YouTube
Follow us on Instagram and Tiktok, and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.
  • In a viral video, financial content creator Loo Cheng Chuan urged Singaporeans to be more humble and sensitive when shopping in Malaysia
  • He criticised those who flaunt their wealth and privilege by buying groceries in bulk and over ordering in restaurants while visiting Malaysia, calling it "bird people" behaviour
  • His message gained widespread support, with some offering suggestions like tipping for good service and to be more gracious as customers

BY

LEE WENXIN

Published November 1, 2023
Updated November 1, 2023
WhatsAppTelegramFacebookTwitterEmailLinkedIn
SINGAPORE — According to “Singapore math”, money spent in Malaysia by Singaporeans is negligible.
However, one local content creator is calling for Singaporeans to be more humble and less arrogant when shopping in Malaysia. His video, which has gone viral on YouTube and TikTok, has received widespread support.

ADVERTISEMENT​

With the Singapore dollar hitting an all-time high of S$1 to RM3.5 against the Malaysian ringgit last Tuesday (Oct 24), Singaporean YouTuber Mr Loo Cheng Chuan, 51, anticipated that more Singaporeans will be making a trip down to Malaysia.
Mr Loo, who makes videos educating Singaporeans about finance, made the news previously for reaching S$1 million in combined Central Provident Fund (CPF) savings between him and his wife at the age of 45 in 2018.
In his recent video, Mr Loo claims that some Singaporeans flaunt their wealth in Malaysia by buying groceries in bulk and eating lavishly, without realising how privileged they are.

Dubbing it as “bird people” behaviour, Mr Loo urged Singaporeans to be more “sensitive” of Malaysians.
“Because of the powerful Singapore dollar, things become so cheap, we always say ‘cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap’ right?

Do you know how a Malaysian (would) feel?”
Speaking to TODAY, the financial educator said that he was inspired to make the video when he noticed the ever-growing traffic jams at the customs to Malaysia from Singapore that stretch up to nine hours long, which he partly attributes to the stronger Singapore dollar against Malaysian ringgit.
Admitting that he is guilty of the "bird" mentality too, Mr Loo said he had made the video as a reminder to himself and others to be gracious when shopping in Malaysia.
When enough “birds flock to the shop”, prices will increase, warned Mr Loo in his video.

He noted to TODAY that the price difference between Singapore and Malaysia is no longer three times cheaper. Instead, Singaporeans stand to save around 30 per cent to 50 per cent when shopping in Malaysia as prices in Malaysia have gone up.

“Don’t flaunt your purchases, don’t flaunt your Singapore dollar and don’t flaunt your meals,” he continued.
Calling the behaviour “miserly” in Hokkien, Mr Loo asked for Singaporeans to be more humble as they are simply lucky to have “won the lottery game by being born in the right country” with a stronger currency.
"Things can change very suddenly (for Singapore)," he told TODAY.
The YouTube video, uploaded last Thursday (Oct 26), garnered close to 50,000 views and 100 comments in less than a week.
Most viewers supported Mr Loo’s take.

One viewer commented: “Totally agree with you. I always remind my wife, mother and sister about this every time we go in.”
A viewer offered another perspective: “In fact, many of these 'bird' customers are actually poor Singaporeans. That's why they are very price sensitive to the extent of sacrificing convenience and quality to do grocery shopping in Malaysia.”
Some online users offered tips to be a gracious consumer in Malaysia: “One way to be more generous would be to tip for good service like Grab rides, massage or pedicure, and the likes.”
Another had a more unconventional way of doing so: “When I buy stuff in Johor Bahru, I will never say out loud that it is ‘cheap, cheap’.
"But, when the shop owner gives me change, I will refuse it and whisper discreetly in their ears...Please keep the change, your prices are really too low.”
Asking Singaporeans to put themselves in Malaysians’ shoes, one commenter rationalised: “Assuming one day it is the reverse, Malaysian ringgit rises above the Singapore dollar and they (Malaysians) behave the same way in Singapore, would Singaporeans like it?”

Separately, Mr Loo’s video was shared on TikTok by a channel called “sgkakinang” on Tuesday.
The video received close to 600,000 views on TikTok and over 1,000 comments within a day.
Though many comments echoed Mr Loo’s sentiments, others also disputed his statement.
“I go to Johor Bahru very frequently. I have not heard people saying ‘cheap cheap cheap’,” said one, with others making similar observations.
A user offered a much more plausible Singaporean reaction: “I don’t say it’s cheap, I go there and say ‘wah so expensive, can bargain or not.’”
I just say....many sinki are act cheerie ex-jiuhu, kym?

This boomer uncle ownself xia suay himself. Pls don't talk about how ‘rich’ you are because of your CPF la. Only low grade fake it till you make it Chinks in SG do that!

k1976

Having 1m in CPF is not a very savvy way to achieve True Finacial Freedom, especially in the age of high inflation and 5% Bank Broad Rate.

Better go to Batam and spend my moolah...mudlanders are happy to demand benefits from singkieland. Like work and study and give us singkies the likes of lan jiao Lang like mad khaw, the Saw witch, Amy hard Kaur, janil no NS. So these mudlanders not happy that singkies go Mudland and shop. They can go fuck themselves. During the virus...they cry father cry mother They no biz as no singkies go over... now they complain singkies bring inflation. If that the case... singkieland should end the traditional labour source for mudlanders. Tax those working here 50% income tax. Hdb flat must sell when they depart singkieland etc...see who cry harder...mudlanders should worship the ground singkies walk on...if not they will definitely starve in Mudland...Mudland needs singkieland...

This boomer uncle por lumpar of Malaysia. Knn… made me laugh when he boasted about him AND wife crossing 1 million in CPF. Pls la… mai haolian this type of useless shit.​

https://loo.guru/

FOUNDER OF THE 1M65 MOVEMENT​

When he was younger, Loo developed a financial strategy that allowed him to take advantage of his funds in CPF. He professes to be an ordinary Singaporean with an extraordinary CPF investment strategy that he believes could help many Singaporean couples become millionaires upon retirement.
In 2018, Loo and his Wife crossed S$1M in their CPF savings at 45 years old, proving many 1M65 sceptics wrong. Loo and his 1M65 strategy have been repeatedly featured in mainstream news and online media.
Through many of his free public talks and regularly writings on 1M65, Loo hopes to help many Singaporean became financially independent. He was one of the few non-civil servant to be awarded the Public Sector Transformation award in 2018 for his 1M65 efforts.
Loo is happily married to Bee Yee and together, they have three lovely teenagers that are also deeply grounded with good financial values and it is his firm belief that wealth building starts young.
CPF has its benefits as it's compounded interest rate, zero tax and Soo safe scammers also hard to get it....CPF do not offer the best returns...but it's a safer bet...