• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jiuhoo : Teoh Beng Hock

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come malays not making so much fuss when malay customs guy was found dead at the bottom of anti corruption building?

Ahmad Sarbani would not commit suicide, wife tells inquest​

By LISA GOH
  • NATION
  • Monday, 04 Jul 2011
    12:00 AM MYT
6F6D4B7F-3BAF-4DF7-A8B0-885B1DD9A864

KUALA LUMPUR: The wife of Selangor Customs assistant director Ahmad Sarbani Mohamed, Maziah Manap, told the court that her husband would "never" have committed suicide.
Testifying in the inquest into the death of her husband, who was found dead while in the custody of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), Maziah, 50, told the court that he was a “very calm, patient and rational man”.

“I am convinced he would never do it (commit suicide),” she said.
She said that on the morning of the incident this April 6, he had told their daughter “petang ni abah balik (I will be back this evening)” as he set out for the MACC office on his motorcycle.

ADVERTISING

“If he had said he's coming back, that shows he meant to come back.
“Why would he not want to come back if he said he's coming back?” she said.
She also said that when first told by a Customs officer that her husband had died, she was only informed that he had collapsed (rebah), and she did not know he had fallen from the third floor of the building.

STARPICKS

PCSB-MGB Bhd Consortium launches second Rumah Idaman MBI Project

When she went to the HUKM morgue to identify his body with her four daughters, she found his face full of blood stains.
“They told me he collapsed, but his face looked like it had been smashed into a wall,” she said.
Maziah also told the court that when a MACC officer known to her as “En Ghani” had met her after the incident to return her bank books, she had asked him what he would do in her shoes.
“I asked him, what would you do if you were me. Would you leave this to Allah, or would you take action?
“He said Umm.. umm', then he said Bukan saya, orang saya (It wasn't me, it was my men)'.
“Logically, that means he knows the truth,” she said.
Ahmad Sarbani, 56, who was attached to the Port Klang Customs office, was found dead at the badminton court on the first floor of the MACC building in Jalan Cochrane here on April 6.
He was reported to have gone to the commission's office to meet the investigation officer assigned to corruption cases involving 62 customs officers.
The inquest into his death kicked off today, with his wife being called as the first witness.
Assisting the court were deputy public prosecutors Mohamad Abazafree Mohd Abbas, Hanim Mohd Rashid, Azlina Rasdi and Nor Amalina Ismail, who were conducting the inquest.
Lawyers Awtar Singh and Hayati Udin held a watching brief for the family, while lawyers Salim Bashir, Roger Chan and Halim Sasghar, instead, are holding a watching brief for Bar Council.
More in The Star on Tuesday
Related Stories: Ahmad Sarbaini's death: Inquest from July 4-15 A-G agrees to inquest into Sarbani's death Ahmad Sarbani's death: Investigation in final stages Ahmad Sarbani's last moments re-enacted MACC duo failed to ensure Ahmad Sarbani's safety