• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jerusalem Post: A Jewish state would have prevented the Holocaust

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-801309

A few weeks after the horrifying October 7 attack by Hamas on men, women, and children in southern Israel, a letter appeared in the New York Review (November 20, 2023) signed by 16 Holocaust scholars (including Christopher Browning, who wrote Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland) criticizing the misuse of Holocaust memory. The writers were concerned about inappropriate comparisons to the Holocaust made by Israeli and American public figures in relation to the (still ongoing) war between Israel and Hamas.

Their intention was to protect the memory and uniqueness of the Holocaust. However, they have to be naive and or misinformed when they describe the Holocaust, in a narrow sense, “The Nazi genocide involved a state – and its willing civil society – attacking a tiny minority, which then escalated to a continent-wide genocide.” Do they really believe that the Holocaust began with the Nazis?

I grew up in Canada in the 1950s and ’60s and first heard about the six million Jews murdered in the Holocaust as a young boy. I also learned about the creation of the State of Israel in 1948.

That a mere decade separated the Holocaust from the establishment of a Jewish state was starkly evident to me then, as it is now. Had a Jewish state existed just 10 years earlier, the Holocaust might not have occurred.

What I cannot understand is how the connection between the absence of a Jewish state and the circumstances that led to the Holocaust is not obvious to everyone; including, apparently, the 16 scholars who signed the letter.
Auschwitz concentration camp, operated by Nazi Germany in occupied Poland during the Holocaust. (credit: WALLPAPER FLARE)Enlrage image
Auschwitz concentration camp, operated by Nazi Germany in occupied Poland during the Holocaust. (credit: WALLPAPER FLARE)

The genocide we now know as the Holocaust was not an aberration. Its beginnings go back to a period well before the Nazis took power. Not coincidentally, the lead-up to the Holocaust coincided with the development of modern Zionism.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The writers were concerned about inappropriate comparisons to the Holocaust made by Israeli and American public figures in relation to the (still ongoing) war between Israel and Hamas
The current Gaza conflict is not a war. War can. Only happen between two independent state.
I dunno why everyone world over keep refering it as a war. It's a uprising. Followed by a harsh retaliation by the rulers.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
The current Gaza conflict is not a war. War can. Only happen between two independent state.
I dunno why everyone world over keep refering it as a war. It's a uprising. Followed by a harsh retaliation by the rulers.
It is just gaza, then you are right. It involves the whole ummah.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is Gaza. The rest too are non country entities. Houthis and Hezbollah too are non countries.

It is a very complicated conflict involving the whole muslim ummah. Malay sinkies are secretly donating to their freedom fighters. Innocent jews in U.S. and Europe are being targeted and attacked.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a very complicated conflict involving the whole muslim ummah. Malay sinkies are secretly donating to their freedom fighters. Innocent jews in U.S. and Europe are being targeted and attacked.
Jewish getting entire western world aid and donations.
Jews may escape Hitler, but they will impose Holocaust on Palestinians.