• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jenny: PAPee is Driving Us to Extinction!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Sep 12, 2009
Living with parents: Three views
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>First, tackle high cost of starting a family
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I COULD not agree more with Mr Peter Huber's letter on Wednesday, 'Few babies? It's the Hotel Mama mindset'.
Singapore's housing policy affects not only singles' independence but also young couples' choices. My fiance and I are in our late 20s and early 30s, a stage in our lives when we are planning to settle down and start a family. We both love children and want at least two of our own.
However, our excitement to start a family is quickly fading as we start searching for a place to call our own. Sky-high property prices are forcing us to rethink our decision to have more children. Can we afford a place comfortable enough for a family of five? Can I take a less-paying job to take care of my children or do I need to outsource my motherhood to afford such a place? What is the point of having a second child if I have to live with the guilt of not giving enough time to my firstborn?
Policymakers should focus on tackling the high cost associated with starting a family and spend less resources on encouraging couples to get married. Staying single or getting married is a matter of personal preference. On the other hand, having more or fewer children is usually associated with the availability of resources.
If the costs of retirement and taking care of our ageing parents are added into the equation, having children will be the last thing on our minds.
Jenny Lim (Ms)

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stay in HDB very good and still relatively spacious, if people can survive on household incomes of $2k? month, why are these young upstarts worried?

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB = High cost & relatively poor quality.

Public housing is public housing.

Nowhere in the world would you pay 300-500K for public housing. In the end, its not even yours.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HDB = High cost & relatively poor quality.

Public housing is public housing.

Nowhere in the world would you pay 300-500K for public housing. In the end, its not even yours.

Now sing, SINg a song, make it simple, sing out loud....."SUBSIdiZe" :eek: