• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iswaran's criminal trial starts tomorrow morning.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the charge sheet that I have read, the charges doesn't appear to be of criminal offence.
There were no mentioned of him taking $.
All were tickets or treats.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
When we work in a company and took bribery in gifts, it doesn't fall under criminal offences. It's under code of misconduct.

If there wasn't any new charges against him, I would predict he will just be fined.
Or maybe not even a fine and just be terminated from the minister post.
In the case of a pte company bribery offence without direct $ involve, there wouldn't be any fine too, just a termination.

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the charge sheet that I have read, the charges doesn't appear to be of criminal offence.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
When we work in a company and took bribery in gifts, it doesn't fall under criminal offences. It's under code of misconduct.

If there wasn't any new charges against him, I would predict he will just be fined.
In the case of a pte company bribery offence without direct $ involve, there wouldn't be any fine too, just a termination.
Law expert @NanoSpeed
Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of twists and turns here! More exciting than the F1 race that just passed! Honestly, ask ourselves after watching all those Stephen Chow movies...
882bb69e-7a65-466e-8af9-5d490a8cfa51_text.gif

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct me if I'm wrong.

The charge under s.165 of the Penal Code refers specifically to civil servants:

165 Penal Code.jpg

Section 165 is the basis for 32 of the 35 charges. Another 2 charges under section 6(a) of the Prevention of Corruption Act:

6a PCA.jpg

and the 35th charge under section 204A of the Penal Code for trying to cover up evidence of his crime:

204A Penal Code.jpg

Other than s.165 of the Penal Code which was created for civil servants, the other two provisions are criminal offence as well, and they do not discriminate between civil and non-civil servants.