• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Main Branch a branch or the Main Outlet?

BTSS

Alfrescian
Loyal
A branch is not a stem or main part of tree. Why they call a main outlet a main branch?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
you have to take it from the point where the trunk of a tree starts to branch ,

but where the trunk of a tree and the branch is the same its the main branch

BTSS

Alfrescian
Loyal
you have to take it from the point where the trunk of a tree starts to branch ,

but where the trunk of a tree and the branch is the same its the main branch
I can understand Main Office, Main Outlet, but to call it Main Branch sounds funny. A branch is just a branch, a Main Branch is just another branch and not the nerve centre of the whole operations.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can understand Main Office, Main Outlet, but to call it Main Branch sounds funny. A branch is just a branch, a Main Branch is just another branch and not the nerve centre of the whole operations.
KNN my uncle think this is a valid point but only to a company that only have presence in sg i.e local company KNN for other business like bank etc where the hq is not in sg they can have a main branch in sg with sub branches in sg KNN

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
oic,you talking about corporate affair eh

suppose say Boeing has an office in Sinkiland, it a branch of course, but oversee other branches in KL ,Saigon and etc ..like most of its expat staff are stationed in Sinkiland

what will you call it than?

it's not a main office for sure but neither branches like in Bangkok or Manila

BTSS

Alfrescian
Loyal
oic,you talking about corporate affair eh

suppose say Boeing has an office in Sinkiland, it a branch of course, but oversee other branches in KL ,Saigon and etc ..like most of its expat staff are stationed in Sinkiland

what will you call it than?

it's not a main office for sure but neither branches like in Bangkok or Manila
I see many F and B business have 2 or 3 outlets, then they call one of them Main Branch. Isn't it the Main Shop, not a branch?

BTSS

Alfrescian
Loyal
To call your shop Main Branch when you do not have a parent outlet bigger than the main branch or play a more important part of your business is misleading.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see many F and B business have 2 or 3 outlets, then they call one of them Main Branch. Isn't it the Main Shop, not a branch?
Let me say just this

in commercial world you cannot be technical about things . Many identifications and nomenclature came into being just because of market practice

even our judiciary recognise this , hence weightage is given to what people in the commercial world practices

now , I donch noe much about F & B and it’s practices , thus my guesstimate and speculation

perhaps , the first ever branch to have been opened are accorded such a status as the main branch

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a branch that grows unusually large, long, and becums almost like another trunk is called a "sucker". i cut them off before they grow too unmanageable to remove. in sg, main branches are money spinners and crowd pullers, thus you don't cut them off. you becum the sucker and suck from them.
1605328986907.png