• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it time to short the market?

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Experts, is it time to short the market as it seems that the market has overrun and companies earnings are being massaged to look good. Time to short now? I will probably do it soon!

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you short, the mkt will go up.....& if you long, the mkt will slide down.....:biggrin:.....the mkt is watching you man.........:smile:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the recent rise has aroused alot of bullishness, a pullback now could be short-lived... wait for Sep top?

Also take note of Bradley turn date on Sep 14/15.

http://www.hsdent.com/bookupdates/

HS Dent Great Depression Ahead Book Update #3
Monday, July 20, 2009

We have been looking for a top to this bear market rally as early as mid to late July as per our last update. It is very possible that the markets could top by Tuesday July 21 or Wednesday July 22 on this current rally, but at lower levels than we originally expected. There is strong resistance just above the recent highs on the S&P 500 at around 956 - 959 and on the Dow around 8,900 or a bit higher. We have two scenarios that are very different. The first would be a peak near term at the above levels. Some of our most important technical indicators are saying that this rally is running out of steam.

The second would be a pullback after testing those levels and then a final run into as late as early September at potentially much higher levels. In that scenario a break above the strong resistance at 956 - 959 on the S&P 500 would cause a lot of the institutional money on the sidelines to start rushing back in. The best way to play this would be to be more flexible and sell your stocks if we hit 956 - 959 on the S&P 500, likely on late 7/21 or early on 7/22, and then rebuy if the markets pullback for days or weeks and break conclusively above those levels again. Then sell again by early September. If you are not willing to be that flexible, then more conservative investors may want to sell at the targets above and more aggressive investors may want to hold out for higher highs as late as early September.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the recent rise has aroused alot of bullishness, a pullback now could be short-lived... wait for Sep top?

Also take note of Bradley turn date on Sep 14/15.

http://www.hsdent.com/bookupdates/

HS Dent Great Depression Ahead Book Update #3
Monday, July 20, 2009

We have been looking for a top to this bear market rally as early as mid to late July as per our last update. It is very possible that the markets could top by Tuesday July 21 or Wednesday July 22 on this current rally, but at lower levels than we originally expected. There is strong resistance just above the recent highs on the S&P 500 at around 956 - 959 and on the Dow around 8,900 or a bit higher. We have two scenarios that are very different. The first would be a peak near term at the above levels. Some of our most important technical indicators are saying that this rally is running out of steam.

The second would be a pullback after testing those levels and then a final run into as late as early September at potentially much higher levels. In that scenario a break above the strong resistance at 956 - 959 on the S&P 500 would cause a lot of the institutional money on the sidelines to start rushing back in. The best way to play this would be to be more flexible and sell your stocks if we hit 956 - 959 on the S&P 500, likely on late 7/21 or early on 7/22, and then rebuy if the markets pullback for days or weeks and break conclusively above those levels again. Then sell again by early September. If you are not willing to be that flexible, then more conservative investors may want to sell at the targets above and more aggressive investors may want to hold out for higher highs as late as early September.

What about OCT effect?

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm actually with elliot wave on this and harry dent as well, both predict a crash around the corner. Watch out.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
261x.jpg

Pleasure is all mine mine!