• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Ho Jinx Very Cash Strapped?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Displayed valid parking coupon but he still got summons
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I HAVE on two occasions received summons even after clearly displaying valid parking coupons.
The first incident was last year in an HDB carpark in Woodlands, and the fine was $8. I wrote to HDB seeking clarification and the reply was that the warden insisted I had not displayed a valid coupon. I decided not to pursue the matter further.
Last week, I received another summons at Block 89 Zion Road carpark. As I was turning into the carpark, I had spotted a plain-clothes parking warden issuing summonses for a few cars. I found a parking space and placed a valid coupon on the dashboard after parking my car. But on my return, I was surprised to find a ticket on the windscreen.
Perhaps the relevant authorities can advise motorists on the following:
- Are carpark wardens trained before they are sent out to fine errant motorists?
- Do HDB or the Urban Redevelopment Authority allow wardens to perform their duties when not in uniform, perhaps to catch motorists unawares?
- If not, how can motorists seek redress under such circumstances?
Ryan Sim
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
They are very sneaky, always wearing a black or blue jacket to cover their uniforms so that they are not so easily spotted. Some places are really bad, these same wardens park their motorcycles any where, often illegally themselves.

They congregate in groups too near the towncouncil, sitting and relaxing in their favourite corner. Dirtying the place. I think of late too many people complained about these people relaxing in a corner during their rest/break time so forcing them to relax further away from the town council in another block. I guess they have to do that as during that time they don't chase away people double parking, blocking the way or on double yellow lines who are doing this right behind the town council, within their direct line of sight.

Most times, they just relax in their corner, once rest time is over, tickets are all over the place for those illegally parked.