• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Investor: I want to F**K MAS!!!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Angry investors seek action
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Nur Dianah Suhaimi
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->The latest news on Friday, that two more structured products sold to Singaporeans are very likely worthless now, saw an angry crowd of several hundreds at a rally yesterday demanding action from regulators.
They wanted the regulators to investigate the investment products sold by several banks and other financial institutions here.
Investment bank Morgan Stanley, which arranged the Pinnacle Notes Series 9 and 10, has indicated that these products are now worthless. Some 700 investors here had put up about $26 million for the products.
The news comes in the wake of the uncertain fate of similar products like Minibonds, with some 10,000 investors affected in all.
Yesterday's rally at Hong Lim Park was the fifth organised by Mr Tan Kin Lian, former chief executive officer of NTUC Income.
One investor, Ms Lilian Tan, 54, a retired manager, said: 'If I had been informed of the risks, I can accept that my money is now gone. But I was repeatedly told that the product is very safe.'
Although several institutions have announced they will be compensating vulnerable investors, Mr Tan said only 2 per cent of the 10,000 affected investors have received compensation.
At the rally yesterday was businessman Chang Foo Chon, 47. Together with several family members, he had invested $500,000 in Pinnacle Notes Series 10 and other shaky structured products.
Said Mr Chang in Mandarin: 'I want to know which authority allowed for these flawed investment products to be sold. Someone has to be held accountable.' The Monetary Authority of Singapore has advised investors to remain patient as it explores options to help them get their money back.

[email protected]

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<
Said Mr Chang in Mandarin: 'I want to know which authority allowed for these flawed investment products to be sold. Someone has to be held accountable.'

Someone has to be held accountable? The investors of course. If there is anyone to be blamed, it's the investors themselves.

Investing in something you don't understand or lazy to do research in is committing financial suicide. Nobody forces you to put your money in these products. The banks may misrepresent their returns, but if you are smart enough, you will learn to only trust your own due research and never put your money into something you don't understand. This is a case of fools parted with their money quickly.