• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interview with PM Lee tonight 9:30PM CNA

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinkie on TV tonight at 9:30PM CNA, will you guys watch what he got to say?

CNA - THE Government will leverage on new media in the next General Election, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has said.

In an interview with Channel News Asia to be aired on Tuesday night, he noted the growing influence of the Internet on politics, citing the recent United States presidential election as an example and said Singapore would go the same way.

President Barack Obama's campaign, for instance, used new media to put out their messages, organise and even raise money. But PM Lee said the change here will not be an an easy one.

'We are still learning. It is not easy to make this transition. It is like going from sea to land or vice versa, you are changing your medium and you need to get comfortable with it. But we are working hard at it.'

He also said the party was on the lookout for more MPs comfortable with new media. His remarks are the latest sign of the Government's changing mindset towards new media.

Last month, Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts Lee Boon Yang said that the Government is 'fully into' e-engagement, when responding to suggestions made by the Advisory Council on the Impact of New Media on Society.

Since then, Government agencies have also begun responding to forum letters posted on The Straits Times website. PM Lee stressed, however, that traditional media will always have a place in presenting trusted, unbiased and informed opinions. But he didn't dismiss online views outright.

'Well, there is a place called the Wild West and there are other places which are not so wild. And the new media - some of it are Wild West and anything goes and people can say anything they want. And tomorrow take a completely contrary view and well, that is just the way the medium is,' he said.

'But even in the Internet, there are places which are more considered, more moderated where people put their names down and identify themselves. And there is a debate which goes on and a give and take, which is not so rambunctious but perhaps more thoughtful. That is another range.'

The interview on the evolving media landscape was in conjunction with Channel News Asia's 10th anniversary in March.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dun he accept phone calls from the public?

We can ask him difficult questions, instead of the scripted show and tell.

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if he take live phone call also will be screened first lor....

You think they will risk having someone sending regards to PM's parents over the phone on national TV....

:biggrin:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as the Familee is in power, be it new media or old media, be it new fart or fart, FARK THEM ALL!

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if he take live phone call also will be screened first lor....

You think they will risk having someone sending regards to PM's parents over the phone on national TV....

:biggrin:

well, they can just cut when someone uttered F**K

like we all neber heard this words before...LOL..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can i go near him?

:cool:

Of course!, you made him (if you are 66.6), you are paying for his wages ( even you are 33.4), but; since the turn of events.

You have to be shaven bald ( so that, no concelament of weapons in your hairs), wear no shoes or slippers or any footwear ( for fear of you throwing it), strip bare to your underwear ( sorry..for fear of carrying something combustible..that BURN), and underwear is checked, and all orifices checked...

now, you may proceed...at least 2m length...:biggrin: ha ha ha ha

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I have read the coverage on PM Lee interview on Channel News Asia recently. What caught my eyes was naturally about the "next General Election". Nope. It is not about any speculations on whether there will be a General Election this year but rather how our Prime Minister made his statement here.

The very first sentence read "The<span style="font-weight:bold;"> Government<span style="font-style:italic;"></span></span> will leverage on new media in the next <span style="font-weight:bold;">General Election<span style="font-style:italic;"></span></span>, Prime Minister Lee Hisen Loong has said". I am not very sure whether the Prime Minister has actually uttered that SPECIFIC wordings because I do not have the chance to watch the whole interview but it seems to me that it must be a "<span style="font-weight:bold;">Government<span style="font-style:italic;"></span></span>" stand on new media during "<span style="font-style:italic;">General Election<span style="font-weight:bold;"></span></span>".

First of all, the <span style="font-weight:bold;">GOVERNMENT</span>, which is filled with civil servants, has nothing to do with General Election apart from making sure that the election is carried out in a FAIR and JUST way.

During General Elections, the Cabinet will only be a care-taker government. Political parties and members <span style="font-weight:bold;">SHOULD NOT<span style="font-style:italic;"></span></span> utilize public resources for their political campaigns. How close PAP has observed such democratic rules is up to anyone guess.

But if the CNA report is "presenting trusted, unbiased and informed opinions" as what the Prime Minister has proclaimed, I guess it just just demonstrated that CNA, its reporters and editors have actually thought that there is absolutely NOTHING WRONG FOR A POLITICAL PARTY, even though it is the ruling party, TO UTILIZE GOVERNMENT RESOURCES DURING GENERAL ELECTIONS!

If CNA is, as proclaimed, a TRUSTED NEWS PROVIDER, then the Prime Minister has uttered the very specific words that the GOVERNMENT is actually CAMPAIGNING by LEVERAGING on New Media DURING GENERAL ELECTIONS! So who is the GOVERNMENT CAMPAIGNING FOR during GENERAL ELECTIONS? This is a very FUNDAMENTAL QUESTION the citizens of any DEMOCRATIC country should ask the ruling party.

I am really beginning to doubt whether the ruling party takes DEMOCRACY SERIOUSLY or not! Or is it just WAYANGING about being Democratic while deep down its heart, it just takes for granted that PAP=GOVERNMENT and GOVERNMENT=PAP? And that PAP could utilize all the GOVERNMENT resources for its political interests?

Well, maybe I am still very naive after witnessing the pork barrel politicking of PAP in using GOVERNMENT HDB upgrading, GRC and Electoral Boundary redrawing as political tools to attain political interests for itself, I still hold the belief that Democracy still exists in Singapore with the basic fundamental principles intact. I must be wrong in believing that PAP still believes in Democracy. It is just basically a DICTATORIAL political party which only WAYANG about Democracy by having some elections with all the rules skewed heavily to their political advantages.

From this little report here, I must say that I am more convinced that Democracy is already dead in Singapore, in principle. People from the Prime Minister to the reporters and editors of local media no longer believe in the basic fundamental principles of Democracy any more. Unless there are enough brave souls that could stand up to such absurdity in the system, win a few GRCs via that totally skewed and impossible odds against the PAP + Government machineries + Media, I do not see how Singapore could evolve and progress democratically.

I would actually urge the PAP to do away with such a pain of going through the motion of General Elections where they themselves do not respect the fundamental principles of Democracy and declare Singapore a dictatorship once and for all. If PAP does not even respect the fundamental principles of Democracy, why do they need to try to Wayang about General Elections? If they could not even differentiate what is PAP as a political party and what is the role of government, then just equate PAP=Government=Singapore. It will really save us a lot of time and trouble in playing such Wayang game.

Goh Meng Seng

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singapore Straits Times is late to report and not reporting negative !

Totally Teletubby !

Sammyboy is the preferred choice ! This is the real deal !

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
back_on_spkr_banner.jpg

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The Singapore Straits Times is late to report and not reporting negative !

Totally Teletubby !

Sammyboy is the preferred choice ! This is the real deal !

In a way, yes. Nowadays, you hardly find any "BAD NEWS" in local newspaper. Even though we know that suicide rate in Singapore is very high, at least one case per day, but you could hardly find any report on them.

All seems to be rosy and good and I was wondering whether such reporting actually created the "feel good" feelings of "Golden Period" in our PAP ministers!

Goh Meng Seng

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why dun he accept phone calls from the public?

We can ask him difficult questions, instead of the scripted show and tell.

he cannot even answer this well:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ka6bxFw4pSY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ka6bxFw4pSY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Did you ask him if he eat meat? Please remember to show ur bible code to him.

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as the Familee is in power, be it new media or old media, be it new fart or fart, FARK THEM ALL!

As long as the Familee is in power, be it new media or old media, assholes like you will be assed, fart, assed, fart, assed, fart.............all forever.....:biggrin: