• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Installed VPN directly on my router!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Best decision I have ever made. I no longer need to configure VPN on all the devices that use home WiFi.

Fantastic signal strength too no need for any boosters.

1626326754299.png

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’ve thought about that… but I typically only use vpn for a couple of use cases such as access certain sites or watch certain geographical fencing shows. The trade off is certainly a reduction in speed with the vpn on by default.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I’ve thought about that… but I typically only use vpn for a couple of use cases such as access certain sites or watch certain geographical fencing shows. The trade off is certainly a reduction in speed with the vpn on by default.

I did a speed test for NordVPN and if you use the recommended server I have not detected any noticeable loss of speed whatsoever.

You can test it out at https://speedtest.net

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I'm on a 100Mbps plan and this is the speed I get with the recommended server.

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 6.27.51 PM.png

Norty

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a great idea! Thanks! I'll definitely try it as I use a VPN on all my devices, especially since I started working remotely.

liamricci

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, what about ExpressVPN?
Very popular for some reason, but i didn't like it too much.
In this article you can find a comparison review of Norton and Express vpn and see what characteristics are important for you and which once are not.
Only by trying few different services, you can find the one which which fits you 100%/. Good luck!

Last edited: