• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Innocent RATS & FT(s) but the GUILTY are..

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
<style></style>The rats are innocent.Oh yes,and so are the Foreign Trash.Yessireee,why should anyone blame the rats for making an honest to goodness living.Rats eats only if you leave leftovers in the open.And than to the foreign trash infesting our slum areas like Geylang & Jurong.Now they too are here only to eke an honest to goodness living.Now why would there be living in slums if they can afford to be living in Orchard Road.So by default both are innocent.

Let's look the guilty now.

The NEA did not keep the vicinity clean so 2 people died and hundreds are in hospitals.Does the buck stop here?Nah ! Why?.Because that's what our 154th wants us to believe.So are the 2 PAP apologists in this forum.Ever notice all their threads about food & food in this forum immediately after the Geylang Serai saga?....so there is an agenda to pass the buck elsewhere or rather play the blame game---in the wrong direction of course.

If PAP points its fingers to the right pleeeeaz look to the left.

And the left points to MONEY.Now that's nothing new with our government right.PAP does stands for PAY AND PAY right.

Let me hazard a guess.

Geylang Serai Temporary Market is quite famous for Malay/Muslim food.I would guess the ONLY hawker centre catering entirely to this community.Now only god knows why the Geylang Serai hawker centre remained temporary for so many years.Suppose the new building is completed.Its pretty obvious those occupying the temporary should get the priority.What if the rental rates are exorbitant and those hawkers who were occupying the Geylang Searai Temporary market refuses to pay.?

You may complete the story.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
<style></style>Now by fluke an elderly Malay came and sat next to me in MRT and begin talking to me.He simply wanted identify himself as a fellow sinke.He said he was forced out of business in geylang serai recently because of increase in rental.And he said something like the new building would be ready this coming July.I could not understand him fully as he spoke in Malay with broken English.Can somebody verify this...

Now the plot really thickens eh...

bella

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup. the current place is a temporary setup. the govt brought down the old building and rebuild a new one. looks like they are moving to the new place soon

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup. the current place is a temporary setup. the govt brought down the old building and rebuild a new one. looks like they are moving to the new place soon

<style></style>The Malay Village had similar scenario some years ago.It went to a HK operator.What baffles me is how on earth can a temporary hawker-centre remained temporary for so many years!..allowing to be infested with rats and etc.I understand the ole lau pasat in the city also had similar past.Renovated for exorbitant rental hikes...

Read this...
http://ieatishootipost.sg/2007/02/merpati-putih-epok-epok-love-geylang.html

http://thebakerwhocooks.blogspot.com/2007/04/geylang-serai-temporary-market.html

It seems Geylang Serai temperory market is the last bastion of delicious Malay food on the cheap.Another Singapore tradition going down the drain to MIW greed.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
<style></style>The Malay Village had similar scenario some years ago.It went to a HK operator.What baffles me is how on earth can a temporary hawker-centre remained temporary for so many years!..allowing to be infested with rats and etc.I understand the ole lau pasat in the city also had similar past.Renovated for exorbitant rental hikes...

It seems Geylang Serai temperory market is the last bastion of delicious Malay food on the cheap.Another Singapore tradition going down the drain to MIW greed.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I was shocked also. Haven't they been temporary since 2002? How come still not permanent? Or is it because the stingy, lazy, chow attitude Sinkies refuse to pay HDB Capitaland's overpriced new rents?

Solution: Import MORE FTs from Saudi Arabia and Iran to open Muslim food stalls! Local 66.6% Orang Melayu can F off to JB and retire!

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was shocked also. Haven't they been temporary since 2002? How come still not permanent? Or is it because the stingy, lazy, chow attitude Sinkies refuse to pay HDB Capitaland's overpriced new rents?

The clue lies in today's shitty times editorial.Read it.

Leegime now places the onus on consumers to eat at clean places.Translated-Geylang Serai hawkers must now pay 100 times more rental or fuck off...did some one ever said 'give the dog a bad name and hang it?'...that precisely how PAP works.Brand the oppsition as bicycle thief or name the hawker-centre as filthy.Blow it up in paper with rats crawling all over.Give the entire hawkers "C" grade.And force them to pay & pay.Its that simple.