• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

info on asylum

sgsadman

hi, I have a saf charge to answer for. What are my chances of seeking asylum in Canada or Australia? Is getting really mentally tired for me to live here. I really wish to seek a living elsewhere if possible.
Will be most grateful if someone can provide me with info here or thru pm.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi, I have a saf charge to answer for. What are my chances of seeking asylum in Canada or Australia? Is getting really mentally tired for me to live here. I really wish to seek a living elsewhere if possible.

If political asylum, you stand a better chance. What SAF charge?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For political asylum, you need to be a politician or at least activist persecuted for a cause that they support. Merely trying to avoid a military charge isn't one. However, there're other legal ways of staying in Canada, Australia etc., e.g. find a job there, find a wife there, start a business there etc., then naturalise after the required years, provided you manage to leave Singapore before you're placed on immigration wanted list.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
For political asylum, you need to be a politician or at least activist persecuted for a cause that they support. Merely trying to avoid a military charge isn't one. However, there're other legal ways of staying in Canada, Australia etc., e.g. find a job there, find a wife there, start a business there etc., then naturalise after the required years, provided you manage to leave Singapore before you're placed on immigration wanted list.

If the immigration of the other country know he is facing certain charges, they wont grant him anything and ship him back to SG when his visa is up.

Some people just cant take responsiblity of their own actions, end up screwing up even more.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Marriage can be two types. Real marriage takes time for you to know your spouse etc. Fake marriage requires money. Cultivation of love etc can come later.

But western countries now more thorough. Many HKees duped them in the past through fake marriages. Used to be 15k for the other party. If you plan to take that route, make sure you know intimate details of your "spouse" coz Immigration known to probe on very personal matters. In other words, you need to know her completely - all aspects of her life.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Marriage can be two types. Real marriage takes time for you to know your spouse etc. Fake marriage requires money. Cultivation of love etc can come later.

But western countries now more thorough. Many HKees duped them in the past through fake marriages. Used to be 15k for the other party. If you plan to take that route, make sure you know intimate details of your "spouse" coz Immigration known to probe on very personal matters. In other words, you need to know her completely - all aspects of her life.

Almost everything can be of two types, real and fake. When I suggested "find a wife there," I meant the real type. If anyone wants to bend or break the laws, that's neither my suggestion or problem.

I think maybe you've watched too many Green Card kind of movies. It's getting easier now (even if fake) by claiming falling in love over the internet. There's no requirement to know each other's intimate personal details. Immigration can't probe that. Even total strangers are allowed to be married by blind matchmatching. The only requirement is living together under one same roof and sleeping together on the same bed. Easily proved since they can't insist of seeing the couple copulate.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
For political asylum, you need to be a politician or at least activist persecuted for a cause that they support. Merely trying to avoid a military charge isn't one.

I recall there was a case long time ago whereby an SAF regular sergeant converted and became a Jehovah's Witness....... went awol and managed to get asylum. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recall there was a case long time ago whereby an SAF regular sergeant converted and became a Jehovah's Witness....... went awol and managed to get asylum. :biggrin:

JW isn't illegal and is recognised in US, etc. as a religion, not a cult. Persecuted for a valid cause, so to speak. In Singapore NS context, you can declare JW, refuse to serve NS and the sentence is 3-year DB.

The most famous case of absconding was of course Tan Wah Piow. He declared he's not anti-NS or JW or conscientious objector. He just felt that the government persecuted for his political activities, trying to use NS to cower him into line. On the UK side (where he escaped to), they said they didn't care. He was a bona fide student as far as they're concerned. TWP got his law degree and have since naturalised in the UK. He's a QC now.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Almost everything can be of two types, real and fake. When I suggested "find a wife there," I meant the real type. If anyone wants to bend or break the laws, that's neither my suggestion or problem.

I think maybe you've watched too many Green Card kind of movies. It's getting easier now (even if fake) by claiming falling in love over the internet. There's no requirement to know each other's intimate personal details. Immigration can't probe that. Even total strangers are allowed to be married by blind matchmatching. The only requirement is living together under one same roof and sleeping together on the same bed. Easily proved since they can't insist of seeing the couple copulate.

If can see couples copulate, I want to be an Immigration officer too. My friend was interviewed many many years ago in Australia. They did ask him intimate details. The spouse was in another room. Questions almost identical to check and counter check. They failed the interview for obvious reasons.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The most famous case of absconding was of course Tan Wah Piow. He declared he's not anti-NS or JW or conscientious objector. He just felt that the government persecuted for his political activities, trying to use NS to cower him into line. On the UK side (where he escaped to), they said they didn't care. He was a bona fide student as far as they're concerned. TWP got his law degree and have since naturalised in the UK. He's a QC now.

Wasn't he assigned into artillery, where they could tekan him daily?

Back then many believed that NS was being used to 'fix' him. :rolleyes:

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Better Canada lah

Aussie full of racist crap admire Singapore system wont recognize asylum also 10% GST all cost more expensive than Singapore you must be very rich to tahan in Australia but Canada better cheaper lor

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better Canada lah

Aussie full of racist crap admire Singapore system wont recognize asylum also 10% GST all cost more expensive than Singapore you must be very rich to tahan in Australia but Canada better cheaper lor

My dad's friend who came back for holiday from Canada recently told us that his airticket was subsidised heavily by the govt so on route back to SG, he went to HK with his wife for a few days first.

Honestly I am not sure is it true or not.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My dad's friend who came back for holiday from Canada recently told us that his airticket was subsidised heavily by the govt so on route back to SG, he went to HK with his wife for a few days first.

Honestly I am not sure is it true or not.

When you buy tix from Spore, many have noticed that SIA tixs cost more, compared to tixs bought outside Spore.

When you fly out of Changi, there's also the high airport /security tax. Spore is not a cheap place.

Why would anyone want to visit Spore when there are cheaper & more interesting destinations such as Indonesia, Bangkok, KL, ...:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Better Canada lah

In Canada, some provinces have a lower tax rate than others. Can check the different rates here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_Canada#Provincial_sales_taxes

More importantly the Canadian & provincial gov't does not tax food bought at supermarkets i.e. groceries. Also excluded are health related services & medicines.

Many business offer seniors a discount e.g. university fees, public transport, cinema tickets,.. Many provinces also do not tax child related items such as clothing, school books,.....

Healthcare insurance is also very reasonably priced. For senior citizens & low income, it is even free:eek:

There are plenty of adult education oppurtunities at the many community colleges, vocational institutes, universities, etc

In Spore they charge gst on everything, also have radio/TV licence, & the hidden taxes such as water conservancy fee, ERP, COE, public transport cost, utility prices, etc. Health care is only for those who can afford it

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would anyone want to visit Spore when there are cheaper & more interesting destinations such as Indonesia, Bangkok, KL, ...:confused:

You got to ask 12million visitors who visited Singapore this year why they want to visit Spore when there are cheaper and more interesting destinations such as Indonesia, Bangkok.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you buy tix from Spore, many have noticed that SIA tixs cost more, compared to tixs bought outside Spore.

When you fly out of Changi, there's also the high airport /security tax. Spore is not a cheap place.

Because not everyone is cheap?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You got to ask 12million visitors who visited Singapore this year why they want to visit Spore when there are cheaper and more interesting destinations such as Indonesia, Bangkok.

I would take the 12 million number with a grain of salt :biggrin:

I've met some of these so call "visitors" on my return trips to Spore.

Many are just in transit, while enroute to Indonesia, Australia,..... At the airport, they are offered quickies, short excursions into Spore.