• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Infernal Affairs 2

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I remembered Anthony Wong's lines from the movie Infernal Affairs 2,
"Sha ren fan huo jin yao dai, xiu qiao pu lu wu shi hai"
(Killing others, setting fire, rewarded with golden belt. Fixing bridges, filling potholes in roads, died with no bones to remember them by)

From the recent spate of charity fiascos to now the woman who got off virtually scot free after hitting and killing someone in her car, i guess its time for me to face the truth.

Now i realise, there is no justice, there is no karma. Its all a lie we weave to deceive ourselves. I know its pessimistic but i guess its time to be realistic about things.

I won't be surprised if a boy(man) on the street walks up to me one day and i ask him what does he superhero he wants to be or what his ambition is.

For sure, his reply would be:

To be as coniving as Mr Super Durian.

Special powers:
Using his special powers to sue sue sue even though he knew he was guilty.
Draining public's funds with his special gold plated taps

Wearing:
Golden g-string with a golden tap on his "package" and with a blood red cape
and very clean hands.

I hope that his golden taps could help wash his hands even cleaner now. I saw his daughter wrote in for justice for his dad in the newspapers but how come she is quiet now? Where is justice for the young chap who was hauled to court?

To be as thick faced as the Flying Monkblanc!
Special powers:
A monk who can scale capital buildings with his greed!
Crocodile tears
Charismatic donation pleas

Wearing:
Branded accessories with an LV accent on his robe that reads "Lost Virtue"
Has a logo of a "soft heart" emblazoned on his ass.

Modern version of buddhism added with liberal dash of materialism?
Supposed to be a beacon to others and lead by example (it should be noted though that Buddha has never asked for anyone to build statues in his image, etc. Preferring to be a light to show the way) This really puts his teachings in a bad light(pardon the pun) I forsee he will get off with nothing further than a slap on the wrist of a token jail term or at most just a fine.
Whats the whole point of taking the tonsure if your "liu gen" are not clean?

The Newspaper Woman!
Special powers:
Ignores red light and just ram through flesh and bone
Emitting an ever present elitist glow

Wearing:
Wrapped in newspapers and has fresh blood on her hands
Eyes plastered with stamps and her glasses comes with blinkers.

Someone who killed a mothers child by her sheer recklessness and gets to walk away virtually scot free. Instead of being taken to task, she is simply slapped on the wrist with a roll of rolled up newspaper.

I wouldn't be surprised if the boy tells me he wants to work in charity!

I will tell him he is right and no, there is no karma, karma is in the same realm of things as the tooth fairy and Santa Claus. Its something we use to comfort ourselves with and to think there is still good in this world.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
These examples are more about human justice - defined by themselves for others.

Karma, on the other hand, is not influenced by Singapore laws, the Chief Justice or implemented by the Attorney-General.

Karma is a belief that transcend decisions made by the powerful on legal right.

Even if their judgments make moral wrong into legal right, it will not circumvent karma.

Make your own karma good. As ordinary humans, we have no power to remake laws. All we can is to obey them. More so, divine laws.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
These examples are more about human justice - defined by themselves for others.

Karma, on the other hand, is not influenced by Singapore laws, the Chief Justice or implemented by the Attorney-General.

Karma is a belief that transcend decisions made by the powerful on legal right.

Even if their judgments make moral wrong into legal right, it will not circumvent karma.

Make your own karma good. As ordinary humans, we have no power to remake laws. All we can is to obey them. More so, divine laws.

Maybe you are right, i have also seen good people die and the people who caused it indirectly walked away. Maybe as you say, its all part of the scheme of things.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Karma isn't about judgement or retribution or punishment. Karma is the work of the soul. If you've done good work that helps others and the world, then that is your karma, it is the consequence to the world of your actions. And likewise conversely.

If you've a lot of violent and difficult karma, the soul will choose to balance this (imbalance within itself) by experiencing similar difficulties it has caused others. This is often misconstrued by religions and dogmatic minded pple as 'retribution' or 'punishment', but it is really simply the soul trying to heal itself, trying to be a 'better person'.

Karma is also about habit patterns, whether your habit patterns are helpful and clear, or whether they are harmful and limiting. Such habit patterns of the soul go across lifetimes, and most pple are trapped by old karmic issues and (unwittingly) imprison themselves in old limiting habit patterns, suffering under the same old issues and relationships lifetime after lifetime after lifetime.

Read the Way of Karma by clairvoyant Charles Breaux :
http://infinity.usanethosting.com/Heart.Of.God/main.htm#Karma

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Karma isn't about judgement or retribution or punishment. Karma is the work of the soul. If you've done good work that helps others and the world, then that is your karma, it is the consequence to the world of your actions. And likewise conversely.

If you've a lot of violent and difficult karma, the soul will choose to balance this (imbalance within itself) by experiencing similar difficulties it has caused others. This is often misconstrued by religions and dogmatic minded pple as 'retribution' or 'punishment', but it is really simply the soul trying to heal itself, trying to be a 'better person'.

Karma is also about habit patterns, whether your habit patterns are helpful and clear, or whether they are harmful and limiting. Such habit patterns of the soul go across lifetimes, and most pple are trapped by old karmic issues and (unwittingly) imprison themselves in old limiting habit patterns, suffering under the same old issues and relationships lifetime after lifetime after lifetime.

Read the Way of Karma by clairvoyant Charles Breaux :
http://infinity.usanethosting.com/Heart.Of.God/main.htm#Karma

Wuqi is suddenly awakened and enlightened. Thank you, your post proved to be more than a guide than that fake monk ever will be.

I have a few more questions. What happens to those who do good, kind to others, strangers and family alike. Yet they get all kind of bad things happening around and bad people mistreating them. I also understand accidents are not karma related, is that correct?

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In buddhist text by the DI-ZHANG-BUHDDISAVA....the punistment for any ones who in the cover of religious preacher ,like monks,priest..etc..conduct selfish self enriching and worst.still breaking all the vows and teachings...shall be dumped into the SPACELESS HELL.. the deepest hell for countless KALPA..[[about the duration of a BINGBANG]....

we crear our own hell or heaven by the work of KARMIC ACTION....LOKE SHAWDOW THAT NEVER PART WITH ONE...and like the waves created by ones action of throwing a stone into a pond of water...the waves will travel out and finally reflected back to the spot where the stone was dropped...KARMA NEVER FAIL.........

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remembered Anthony Wong's lines from the movie Infernal Affairs 2,
"Sha ren fan huo jin yao dai, xiu qiao pu lu wu shi hai"
(Killing others, setting fire, rewarded with golden belt. Fixing bridges, filling potholes in roads, died with no bones to remember them by)

Talking about my signature it seems. :p

jw5

Loyal
Wuqi is suddenly awakened and enlightened. Thank you, your post proved to be more than a guide than that fake monk ever will be.

I have a few more questions. What happens to those who do good, kind to others, strangers and family alike. Yet they get all kind of bad things happening around and bad people mistreating them. I also understand accidents are not karma related, is that correct?
To put in simply, good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people.
I don't think we can control bad things happening to good people.
But do you think that someone should form a group that sees to it that bad things happen to bad people? :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
To put in simply, good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people.
I don't think we can control bad things happening to good people.
But do you think that someone should form a group that sees to it that bad things happen to bad people? :smile:

Hmm, that might make sense but not in the direct vigilante way although the lynchings of bad criminals in Johor sounded quite reasonable. For those that have been reasonably punished by the law, we leave them be, they have paid their dues to society.

For those who did not, they should get their karma.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are full of nonsense. Remember the hypocrite lawyer triad played by Francis Ng who keeps saying "chu lai pao, chi zao yao huan" (what goes around comes around)?

He was arrogant enough to use this phrase to describe he and his family's enemies but not for the evil things he and his family did to them and others for so long, and what happened in the end? He died with a gunshot to his head after getting to know his family in Hawaii was being found out and threatened by Thai hoodlums AND in tandem the police undercover identity his step-brother whom he doubted 0.0% all along whose hidden police badge he unexpectedly felt out in his last breathing moments when the latter rushed to catch him from falling.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh for Francis Ng's character, he was saying that when talking about his dad's death and that its a matter of time when you need to repay?

He wasn't talking about the enemies but rather his dad in the way, paid the ultimate price? I see the type of karma as we commonly know it only happening in the movies, in this case in the end to Francis Ng's character.

By the way,i liked his raising of the glass in the "tai pai tong" in tribute to the memory of his dad and everyone doing the same. It was kind of a classic scene for me.

Z

Zombie

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gHgWenJla3o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gHgWenJla3o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
He said that again when he held a gun to Han Cheng's head.

He raising the glass is alright, but the gang members who followed suit looked so contrived, because they know that if they don't follow, they are not team players. I don't even think they gave a damn about his dead father, a bygone power especially.