• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indonesia's Prabowo asks Russia for help to develop nuclear power

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
ERWIDA MAULIA, Nikkei staff writer August 2, 2024 10:46 JST

JAKARTA -- Prabowo Subianto, Indonesia's president-elect, asked Russia to support nuclear energy development in the Southeast Asian country during his meeting with President Vladimir Putin in Moscow on Wednesday, the last leg of his tour of four countries.

"We are open for more Russian participation in our economy," said Prabowo -- who also serves as defense minister -- when he met Putin at the Kremlin on Wednesday.

https%3A%2F%2Fcms-image-bucket-production-ap-northeast-1-a7d2.s3.ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%2Fimages%2F5%2F1%2F9%2F3%2F48053915-5-eng-GB%2FCropped-1722563164AP24213430083073.jpg

"In the field of nuclear energy, we have discussed with your institutions, with Rosatom, the possibility of cooperating in this field," he said in a reference to the Russian state atomic energy corporation. He said there had been discussions about small modular reactors as well as main reactors.

"I come here to emphasize that I would like to enhance this relationship when I take over officially the presidency of the Republic of Indonesia,"

Russia was the last stop on Prabowo's four-country tour, which also took in France, Serbia and Turkey.