• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indian FTrash PeeR Doo Lan Mum Didn't Get Long-Term Visa!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>How ICA can help PR mothers who work
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I HAVE been a permanent resident (PR) for the past four years and have enjoyed every bit of my stay in Singapore. It was a conscious decision to move to this city-state, considering the quality of life, pro-family approach and proximity to my home country, India.
Recently, I gave birth and was glad when my mother agreed to take care of my child for the first year. It came as a great relief, especially as I do not trust a maid to give as much care as a family member, and considering the criticality of such care and attention for a good upbringing.
However, when I applied for my mother's long-term visa, it was rejected not once but twice. I have appealed again, but the response is not expected to be favourable.
Why is this so? Why would a country that prides itself on its pro-family approach and encourages women in the workforce to consider childbirth reject an application for a long-term visa, despite clarification with proof that the application is to allow my mother to take care of a newborn child?
In my case and that of a friend who is in the same boat, the response from the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) has been that the maximum stay is 90 days, and the visitor must wait at least a month before returning to Singapore for another 90 days. So who takes care of the child when the mother returns to work after 90 days of maternity leave?
I understand that flexibility is possible in applications for long-term visas. My appeal is that the ICA approves genuine applications by facilitating extended family support for newborns of working PR women.
Radhika Bangaru (Ms)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>go back to your country. so simple.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: meowmee at Tue Jul 07 10:56:38 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Radhika Bangaru,

In the first place, did you register your child as Singapore citizen or Indian citizen??? If your child is registered as Singapore citizen, why are you still a PR???

Singapore government should take care of its citizen first therefore it is right for ICA to reject your application. Why allow outsiders to come into Singapore and take care of another outsider when they know you will return to your origin eventually??

Are you bearing children for Singapore or are you bearing children for India in Singapore??? Please get this clear.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: skinners at Tue Jul 07 10:31:39 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Ouch.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: changping at Tue Jul 07 10:18:18 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Wow, the comments against this letter are pointed, even if couched humourously...
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: mbkho at Tue Jul 07 10:13:06 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Perhaps baby sitters and childcare can solve your problem easily. I think if you become citizen, then it would much easier to bring your other family members here.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: code22xx at Tue Jul 07 09:30:17 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah..pls f back to your cuntry.....you can produce there like rabbits without ICA worries...nb

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Radhika Bangaru,

In the first place, did you register your child as Singapore citizen or Indian citizen??? If your child is registered as Singapore citizen, why are you still a PR???

Singapore government should take care of its citizen first therefore it is right for ICA to reject your application. Why allow outsiders to come into Singapore and take care of another outsider when they know you will return to your origin eventually??

Are you bearing children for Singapore or are you bearing children for India in Singapore??? Please get this clear.

Love this reply :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: