• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indian FT kpkb about his RBS credit card

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Indian FT kpkb about his RBS credit card</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>1:00 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 10) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>16222.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Bank replaced credit card six times in 18 months

</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->TOGETHER with two other colleagues, I applied and received the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) Platinum Switch credit card (earlier ABN Amro Bank) just over a year and a half ago. This was after we learnt of some very good features of the card. Since then, however, maintaining this credit card has become a headache for me as well as my colleagues.
Since receiving it, my card has been replaced a shocking six times. Each time, the bank informs me that the card details have been breached by a credit card syndicate or that it suspects fraud on my card.
Initially, I was happy to have the bank replace the card, but my enthusiasm has since waned understandably, as almost every time I use my card overseas, the bank has to replace it.
Compare this to having my OCBC credit card (issued much earlier) replaced only once, and never ever in the case of my American Express card and Citibank Card. I use my Citibank, OCBC and Amex cards extensively overseas and find it curious that these banks do not seem to suffer the same 'breach' that RBS almost always does.
I seldom use my RBS card now. I checked with my colleagues and discovered that they have had their cards changed a total of nine times between them, for the same reasons.
While I can always cancel my RBS card, I am concerned for all other RBS cardholders and wonder if they too face such a problem?
If so, the bank is surely aware - but has it considered that it may be falling prey to an organised syndicate and taken any action?
I would like to make my experience public so that other cardholders also have the opportunity to raise this to RBS, and the bank has the opportunity to explain this rather peculiar situation which seems to afflict only it.
As an informed cardholder, I can understand that changing the card is in my best interest, but what use is it to me when it is cancelled half the time and a new one is in the mail?
Kanv Pandit

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just want to show off he got lots of credit card, not knowing that in our culture here, having so many credit cards show that you are a loser

Cash is king