• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In the interest of racial harmony

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I propose analyzing the following piece of popular media to determine if cultural sensitivity training is required when attempting to do business with different cultures. In the following example, a bank from China attempted to increase it's popularity with Malay customers. Please judge for yourself whether it was successful and whether or not a different approach should have been used :

I await comments.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are the educated and graceful ones. Not like those who come Sinkieland ... :biggrin:
China is a huge place with a lot of different people. It's hard for sinkielanders who don't spend much time overseas to comprehend the sheer breadth and width of diversity even in a single country like China. We unfortunately came from coolie genes. Some of the Chinese never did the coolie thing whereas I think all of us at some point has some coolie in us.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
China is a huge place with a lot of different people. It's hard for sinkielanders who don't spend much time overseas to comprehend the sheer breadth and width of diversity even in a single country like China. We unfortunately came from coolie genes. Some of the Chinese never did the coolie thing whereas I think all of us at some point has some coolie in us.
Yep. Agree. I am not defending those awful undeucated and crass Tiongs, but a lot sinkies machiam like frog in well because the only Tiongs they come into contact with in Sinkieland are those disgraceful chinks with loud crass voices. Lol :biggrin:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep. Agree. I am not defending those awful undeucated and crass Tiongs, but a lot sinkies machiam like frog in well because the only Tiongs they come into contact with in Sinkieland are those disgraceful chinks with loud crass voices. Lol :biggrin:
unfortunately, the loud crass voice tiongs really stand out. And a lot of them too. The quiet ones go unnoticed... probably in your arms... :sneaky: