• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IMH Dotard is confirmed a Tariff Maniac and pissing off whole world, he joke about Trade War with whole fucking EU! IMH! IMH! IMH!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.sohu.com/a/331699448_114911?spm=smpc.home.mil-news.5.1565026476390NIQ9Vs5

参考消息

5.7万文章 112亿总阅读
查看TA的文章>

• 分享到

吓一吓欧盟!特朗普开了这样一个玩笑——

2019-08-06 00:38

参考消息网8月6日报道外媒称,美国总统特朗普戏弄了一下欧盟的贸易代表团。8月2日,他在白宫宣布双方达成增加美国牛肉出口的协议后,开玩笑说他准备对欧洲汽车征收高额关税。

据彭博社8月3日报道,在宣布并签署牛肉协议后,特朗普重返讲台。“我们正在讨论协议,欧盟将同意对所有进入美国的奔驰和宝马汽车支付25%的关税,所以我们对此表示赞赏。”他说。

“我是开玩笑的,”特朗普迅速补充道。他向欧盟代表团示意,微笑着说:“他们开始有点担心了。”然后他走了出去。

报道称,在美欧就贸易条款、新俄罗斯天然气管道以及军费开支等问题上存在争议之际,特朗普多次威胁对以德国汽车品牌为首的欧洲汽车加征关税。美国若开征关税,对欧洲经济以及戴姆勒、大众、宝马等主要品牌将是沉重打击。

另据路透社8月5日报道,特朗普8月2日抨击欧盟贸易壁垒,并再度威胁称,如果他看不到双方陷入僵局的谈判取得进展,将对欧洲汽车征收关税。

报道称,特朗普在签署一份增加美国对欧洲牛肉出口的协议后不久发表上述言论。“欧盟对我们设置了巨大的障碍,”特朗普后来在白宫告诉记者,“它们非常非常难以逾越。”

特朗普称,汽车关税威胁可能有助于推动欧盟接受牛肉贸易,但汽车关税仍然是一个选项。

“永远不会把汽车关税排除在选项之外,”特朗普稍后还称,“如果我得不到我们想要的,我将征收汽车关税……如果我得不到我想要的,我将别无选择,也许只能那样做。但到目前为止,他们做得很好。”

德国跨大西洋协调员彼得·拜尔表示,牛肉协议表明,如果双方建设性地合作,是有可能取得进展的。他呼吁做出新的努力,以达成更广泛的贸易协议。

902fb23be0e640829e6ab54047731549.jpeg

8月2日,在美国首都华盛顿白宫,美国总统特朗普(中)就扩大美国牛肉对欧盟出口发表讲话。期间,他开起了有关对欧洲汽车制造商征收关税的玩笑。(新华社/法新)返回搜狐,查看更多

Reference News

57,000 articles
112 billion total reading

View TA's article >

share to

Scared the EU! Trump made such a joke -
2019-08-06 00:38

The reference news network reported on August 6 that foreign media said that US President Trump teased the EU trade delegation. On August 2, after the White House announced that the two sides had reached an agreement to increase US beef exports, he joked that he was prepared to impose high tariffs on European cars.

According to Bloomberg News on August 3, Trump returned to the podium after the announcement and signing of the beef agreement. "We are discussing the agreement, and the EU will agree to pay a 25% tariff on all Mercedes-Benz and BMW cars entering the US, so we appreciate it," he said.

"I am joking," Trump added quickly. He gestured to the EU delegation and smiled and said: "They started to worry a little." Then he went out.

The report said that while the United States and Europe disputed trade terms, the new Russian gas pipeline and military spending, Trump repeatedly threatened to impose tariffs on European cars led by German car brands. If the United States levies tariffs, it will be a heavy blow to the European economy and major brands such as Daimler, Volkswagen and BMW.

According to Reuters reported on August 5, Trump attacked the EU trade barrier on August 2 and threatened to impose tariffs on European cars if he could not see the progress of the deadlock between the two sides.

The report said that Trump made the remarks shortly after signing an agreement to increase US beef exports to Europe. “The EU has set a huge obstacle for us,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “They are very, very difficult to overcome.”

Trump said that the car tariff threat may help push the EU to accept the beef trade, but car tariffs remain an option.

“The car tariff will never be excluded from the option,” Trump later said. “If I don’t get what we want, I will levy a car tariff... if I don’t get what I want, I will have no choice but to do that. But so far, they have done a good job."

German transatlantic coordinator Peter Bayer said that the beef agreement shows that if the two sides cooperate constructively, it is possible to make progress. He called for new efforts to reach a broader trade agreement.

On August 2, at the White House in Washington, DC, US President Trump (centre) spoke on expanding US beef exports to the EU. During this time, he started a joke about the tariffs imposed on European automakers. (Xinhua News Agency / Faxin) Return to Sohu to see more

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-german-car-tariffs-but-adds-i-m-only-kidding

economics
‘I’m Only Kidding’: Trump Riffs About Adding German Car Tariffs
By
Joshua Gallu
and
Justin Sink

August 3, 2019, 3:25 AM GMT+8 Updated on August 3, 2019, 4:40 AM GMT+8

• Later threatens car tariffs ‘if I don’t get what I want’
  • Administration is negotiating with EU, Japan on imports

LISTEN TO ARTICLE

1:28

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Tweet

Email

In this article
DAI
DAIMLER AG
EUR
-1.47-3.23%

VOW
VOLKSWAGEN AG
EUR
-4.25-2.82%

BMW
BAYER MOTOREN WK
EUR
-1.55-2.39%

President Donald Trump ribbed a European Union trade delegation at the White House after announcing a deal Friday to increase American beef exports, joking that he was poised to impose crippling tariffs on German cars.

After the beef deal was announced and then signed, Trump returned to the podium. “We’re working on a deal where the European Union will agree to pay a 25% tariff on all Mercedes-Benzes, BMWs coming into our nation, so we appreciate that,” said Trump.

“I’m only kidding,” he quickly added.

800x-1.jpg

Donald Trump at a signing ceremony in the Roosevelt Room of the White House on Aug. 2.
Photographer: Kevin Dietsch/Pool via Bloomberg

Trump has repeatedly threatened U.S. tariffs on German cars amid disputes over trade terms, a new gas pipeline to Russia and military spending. A U.S. auto tariff would be a punch in the gut for Europe’s economy and for some of its major brands, including Daimler AG, Volkswagen AG and Bayerische Motoren Werke AG.

The president has declared foreign cars a threat to national security, and has directed U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer to negotiate with exporters including Japan and the EU to reduce imports.

After delivering his punchline Friday in the Roosevelt Room of the White House, Trump gestured toward the European delegation, smiling, and said: “They started to get a little bit worried.” Then he walked out.
Just over an hour later, Trump addressed reporters about trade with the EU as he left the White House for his resort in Bedminster, New Jersey: “Auto tariffs are never off the table,” he said. “If I don’t get what I want, I’ll have no choice but maybe to do that.”
(Updates with Trump comment in final paragraph.)

UP NEXT
China Retaliation `11' on Scale of 1-10, Wall Street Warns

Have a confidential tip for our reporters?
GET IN TOUCH

Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal.
LEARN MORE

by Taboola
Sponsored Links

From The Web

New Anti-Snoring Device Takes Singapore by Storm, The Idea Is GeniusSnore Reduction Aid

Play this Game for 1 Minute and see why everyone is addictedDesert Order

https://www.defolio.co/articles/the...ular+With+Celebs&utm_term=bloomberg_124610669

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trump already trumpets himself as the Tariffs Man. He is so proud of himself. Well, pride comes before a fall!:wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL, the silly 小粉红 here. :biggrin:

China is committing financial suicide. The property bubble in China is going to explode.

Auntie Ho's GLC kar kias e.g. Capitaland that are 'investing' in China... they are going to be in a world of pain. :cool:

Too bad, how sad. Didn't have to be that way. But 习包子 prefers to listen to the hardliner gong kias than the more sensible ones such as Liu He. The Tiong commoners will pay a heavy price.

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL, the silly 小粉红 here. :biggrin:

China is committing financial suicide. The property bubble in China is going to explode.

Auntie Ho's GLC kar kias e.g. Capitaland that are 'investing' in China... they are going to be in a world of pain. :cool:

Too bad, how sad. Didn't have to be that way. But 习包子 prefers to listen to the hardliner gong kias than the more sensible ones such as Liu He. The Tiong commoners will pay a heavy price.

See Currency War? RMB is CRUSHING USD!