• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I'll shoot Neo anytime, He looks like a vietcong soldier

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did anybody see my M110 Sniper Rifle?

Hearts and minds of soldiers matter most

High-tech gear no substitute for human commitment: Army chief

By Jermyn Chow
b4-1.jpg

Major-General Neo Kian Hong says he is 'never enamoured of all the high-tech stuff', and believes what is most important is that soldiers be willing to fight for their country. -- ST PHOTO: LAU FOOK KONG

DO NOT get too caught up with technology.

It is the hearts and minds of soldiers that matter most to Singapore's army chief.

At a time when much has been said about the Singapore Armed Forces' latest machines and systems, Major-General Neo Kian Hong wants to turn the spotlight on the man behind the armour.

In his first interview with the media, Maj-Gen Neo elaborated on how the soldier's commitment to defence is what will take the third-generation army to a higher level.

The 'solid equipment' must be backed by soldiers who are willing to fight for their country, he said.

'That's the reason why I'm never enamoured of all the high-tech stuff. I'm rather hard-nosed and I say in the end, we must make sure that our people are committed, every one of them,' said the 44-year-old army chief, speaking ahead of tomorrow's Army Open House.

Dr Bernard Loo, defence analyst at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, agreed with the emphasis on having the right man behind the right equipment.

'What is the point of having the best combat systems when the operator cannot be bothered or motivated?' he said.

Keenly aware of the importance of the human element, Maj-Gen Neo makes it a priority to hone the skills and fighting spirit of soldiers.

Having a steady stream of highly educated and tech-savvy enlistees has helped.

Up to 70 per cent of soldiers are now A-level graduates or polytechnic diploma holders, and many of them can process reams of information and act on them quickly, he said.

While the new breed of soldiers are smarter than their predecessors, critics said they may not be as tough.

Maj-Gen Neo disagreed. The new enlistees may have grown up with maids and parents helping out with their chores, but they are not any weaker.

'They are just different and we need to understand them and be able to make them stronger than we were before,' he said.

To this end, the army has worked with schools on how to improve students' fitness before enlistment.

Smart as they may be, the new 'thinking soldiers' are no slaves to technology.

Gone are the days when soldiers are put through routine drills and exercises.

To train them, commanders in the 3G army put soldiers through mock battle scenarios, and expect them to come up with the best way to overcome and outwit the enemy.

'It is this cunning that we are trying to teach our people,' he said.

Sophisticated training simulators, for example, have helped train soldiers more effectively.

In the past, it took about two weeks to train a signaller to operate a radio signal set. Now, it takes only half a day, Maj-Gen Neo said.

Efficient training methods also allow full-time national servicemen to serve only two years of national service - six months shorter than their predecessors. Ditto for NSmen, who now go back for in-camp training over 10 years instead of 13.

Ultimately, the SAF exists not just to uphold the defence and security of Singapore, Maj-Gen Neo said.

'We're actually training the whole fighting spirit of the nation so that we can define our future and determine our way of life,' he said.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
jesus teach u to be violent huh:confused:

wtf.. so much for all your fake religious front..

btw the other forum say u r a convict leh.. dunno how true?? :biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
jesus teach u to be violent huh:confused:

wtf.. so much for all your fake religious front..

btw the other forum say u r a convict leh.. dunno how true?? :biggrin:

Jesus is the truth, your buddha is just an idol...carved out by man, when he was alive, he neber said he's god....why you still don't understand?

other people said i am a convict? you believed? i tell you about Jesus, you dun believed?

i think you better make sure you have the true faith......

because black becomes white, and white ended up as black....by your logic...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He looks like a Viet Cong soldier? If you think so, you haven't seen one before.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal

By Jermyn Chow
b4-1.jpg

Major-General Neo Kian Hong says he is 'never enamoured of all the high-tech stuff', and believes what is most important is that soldiers be willing to fight for their country. -- ST PHOTO: LAU FOOK KONG

DO NOT get too caught up with technology.

It is the hearts and minds of soldiers that matter most to Singapore's army chief.
At a time when much has been said about the Singapore Armed Forces' latest machines and systems, Major-General Neo Kian Hong wants to turn the spotlight on the man behind the armour.

In his first interview with the media, Maj-Gen Neo elaborated on how the soldier's commitment to defence is what will take the third-generation army to a higher level.

The 'solid equipment' must be backed by soldiers who are willing to fight for their country, he said.'That's the reason why I'm never enamoured of all the high-tech stuff. I'm rather hard-nosed and I say in the end, we must make sure that our people are committed, every one of them,' said the 44-year-old army chief, speaking ahead of tomorrow's Army Open House.

Dr Bernard Loo, defence analyst at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, agreed with the emphasis on having the right man behind the right equipment.

'What is the point of having the best combat systems when the operator cannot be bothered or motivated?' he said.

Keenly aware of the importance of the human element, Maj-Gen Neo makes it a priority to hone the skills and fighting spirit of soldiers.

Having a steady stream of highly educated and tech-savvy enlistees has helped.

Up to 70 per cent of soldiers are now A-level graduates or polytechnic diploma holders, and many of them can process reams of information and act on them quickly, he said.

While the new breed of soldiers are smarter than their predecessors, critics said they may not be as tough.

Maj-Gen Neo disagreed. The new enlistees may have grown up with maids and parents helping out with their chores, but they are not any weaker.

'They are just different and we need to understand them and be able to make them stronger than we were before,' he said.

To this end, the army has worked with schools on how to improve students' fitness before enlistment.

To train them, commanders in the 3G army put soldiers through mock battle scenarios, and expect them to come up with the best way to overcome and outwit the enemy.

Sophisticated training simulators, for example, have helped train soldiers more effectively.

In the past, it took about two weeks to train a signaller to operate a radio signal set. Now, it takes only half a day, Maj-Gen Neo said.

[COLOR="_______"]Efficient training methods also allow full-time national servicemen to serve only two years of national service [/COLOR]- six months shorter than their predecessors. Ditto for NSmen, who now go back for in-camp training over 10 years instead of 13.

Ultimately, the SAF exists not just to uphold the defence and security of Singapore, Maj-Gen Neo said.

'We're actually training the whole fighting spirit of the nation so that we can define our future and determine our way of life,' he said.

Crock of Shit!:oIo::oIo::oIo:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He looks like a Viet Cong soldier? If you think so, you haven't seen one before.

dun really like the new SAF fatigue...:biggrin:

methinks he's already an outdated soldier....US is already moving on to autonomous warfare...

we are still talking about our soldiers dying for our country..what a joke...

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jesus is the truth, your buddha is just an idol...carved out by man, when he was alive, he neber said he's god....why you still don't understand?

other people said i am a convict? you believed? i tell you about Jesus, you dun believed?

i think you better make sure you have the true faith......

because black becomes white, and white ended up as black....by your logic...

buddha carved out to idol by people is to remember his teaching. jesus just a character from fairy tales. u r the one who up side down logic!:oIo:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
CAN see our slave army changed uniform swapped with Taiwan RoC army.

We took their camouflage pattern and they took ours old No.4 pattern.

Always change pattern, never change substance, this army.:confused:

By Jermyn Chow
b4-1.jpg

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
buddha carved out to idol by people is to remember his teaching. jesus just a character from fairy tales. u r the one who up side down logic!:oIo:

you dare to show your faith by doing what this monk did? :biggrin:

71756.jpg

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's interesting. I didn't know our armed forces are actually going towards the direction of teaching guerrilla warfare to our soldiers.

In this case, the best strategy for the enemy would be to get close and engage in close combat with our soldiers. Let's see how sharper wits of the current weaker generation can match up to good ol' brute strength from hand-to-hand combat.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
our guniang soldiers who are pampered by maids would probably run away...unlike this fearless Greek soldiers who managed to stop the tide of Islamic influences into Europe. Thank God for that..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1soVEpz2Fw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1soVEpz2Fw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
our guniang soldiers who are pampered by maids would probably run away...unlike this fearless Greek soldiers who managed to stop the tide of Islamic influences into Europe. Thank God for that..

hello, just to check if you learn history in sec school.
during that time where sparta existed, europe have only small farming villages.
very backwards, and Islam does not exist during the persian empire. Greece does not exists at that time, they are only small city state. so Greek soldiers is not correct.
how many marks did you score in history in sec school?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello, just to check if you learn history in sec school.
during that time where sparta existed, europe have only small farming villages.
very backwards, and Islam does not exist during the persian empire. Greece does not exists at that time, they are only small city state. so Greek soldiers is not correct.
how many marks did you score in history in sec school?

hmm..that was long time ago...i think i passed! :biggrin:

you are correct, they are Spartans....anyway, thanks to them the Persian empire didn't come to Europe....

otherwise, people hands will be chopped in the streets for stealing..so inhumane...

can't imagine the europeans doing allah akbars...and then kaboom...