• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If U Die, Half of Insurance Go to Company! Uniquely Sg!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Travel insurance
My husband's boss replied that half the claim would go to the company. It does not make sense.'
MADAM GERTRUDE TAN: 'Recently, my husband flew to Paris. On the return trip, the plane was delayed by six hours due to a technical fault. My husband's company had bought travel insurance for him, so his boss asked him to claim for the delay from the insurance company. Great Eastern Life was very efficient, and a cheque for $200 was made payable to my husband in due course. However, my husband's boss told him to return the cheque. My husband argued with her that what if there was a plane crash and I could not claim insurance. My husband's boss replied that half the claim would go to the company for the loss of an employee. I sought advice from the Ministry of Manpower, but the labour relations officer said the Employment Act did not cover this insurance rule. It does not make sense that an insurance claim is paid to the company. If there was a claim for lost luggage and it was paid to the company, it would not be fair to the employee who lost the luggage.'

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's time to screw all Insurance companies now.

The only insurance is YOUR OWN MONEY !

Did U even read his post, this isn't about unreasonable insurance company. It's about unreasonable company who bought travel insurance for the guy

And I totally agree with the guy, the company has no business whatsoever taking half the money.

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently I went on a business trip & my flight was delayed for 10 hrs on the way back.
My company tried to claim insurance but the stupid insurance company (AIA) refused to pay.

Reason after their investigation: It was not due to technical fault but pilot was sick. Makes no sense to me.

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
Travel insurance
My husband's boss replied that half the claim would go to the company. It does not make sense.'
MADAM GERTRUDE TAN: 'Recently, my husband flew to Paris. On the return trip, the plane was delayed by six hours due to a technical fault. My husband's company had bought travel insurance for him, so his boss asked him to claim for the delay from the insurance company. Great Eastern Life was very efficient, and a cheque for $200 was made payable to my husband in due course. However, my husband's boss told him to return the cheque. My husband argued with her that what if there was a plane crash and I could not claim insurance. My husband's boss replied that half the claim would go to the company for the loss of an employee. I sought advice from the Ministry of Manpower, but the labour relations officer said the Employment Act did not cover this insurance rule. It does not make sense that an insurance claim is paid to the company. If there was a claim for lost luggage and it was paid to the company, it would not be fair to the employee who lost the luggage.'

I really could not understand Madam Gertrude's argument :confused: If she's really interested in claiming the whole sum for themselves, why allow the company to pay for the insurance premium?????:cool: she can jolly well buy another on their own.....sheesh....

If the company did not buy any insurance for her husband at all, she can only claim hot air when her husband loses his luggage :rolleyes:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really could not understand Madam Gertrude's argument :confused: If she's really interested in claiming the whole sum for themselves, why allow the company to pay for the insurance premium?????:cool: she can jolly well buy another on their own.....sheesh....

If the company did not buy any insurance for her husband at all, she can only claim hot air when her husband loses his luggage :rolleyes:

Most companies who send their staff for overseas assignments will provide travel insurance or them. It's an employee benefit. Personally my company does not touch my claims unless it has something to do with company property, e.g. company laptop got smashed on the trip, company will claim on my behalf to get a replacement. Which I feel is reasonable enough. If its stuff like the one above, flight delay etc, I will receive the money in full

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most companies who send their staff for overseas assignments will provide travel insurance or them. It's an employee benefit. Personally my company does not touch my claims unless it has something to do with company property, e.g. company laptop got smashed on the trip, company will claim on my behalf to get a replacement. Which I feel is reasonable enough. If its stuff like the one above, flight delay etc, I will receive the money in full

Goot company you have :wink:

This will be primarily a choice in business practice for companies, however main argument is that if you intend to claim the whole insurance for yourselves, you should not be expecting another to pay for your premiums :p

Most staff travelling on business trips claims almost everything as to them it should be reimbursed totally by the company, vice versa it may also means the total time spent overseas belongs to the company as well, so any wasted time for delayed flights indirectly affects the company as well as that staff cannot return to work as well, so it may not be solely properties involved but other intangibles as well:smile:

Just my pathetic 2 cents, no I am not an employer or business owner, just a salaried man :o