• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Identity Theft - Beware!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just happen last week in Singapore...
Do warn your household members not to accept any surprise gifts during this Christmas or New Year seasons. Never let them have your credit card or even swipe it on a gadget they carry with them.

SOMETHING TO BE AWARE OF

It works like this:

Last Wednesday I had a phone call late morning from Express Couriers to ask if I was going to be home as he had a delivery for me. He said he would there in roughly an hour. He turned up with a beautiful basket of flowers and wine. I expressed my surprise as I wasn't expecting anything like this and said I was intrigued to know who was sending me such a lovely gift. He said he was only delivering the gift and the card was being sent separately (the card has never arrived). There was a consignment note with the gift. He went on to explain that because the gift contained alcohol he has to charge the recipient $3.50 as proof that he has actually delivered to an adult, and not left it on a door step if the recipient is out, to be stolen or taken by children. This seemed logical and I offered to get the cash. He then said that the company required the payment to be by Eftpos so he's not handling cash and everything is properly accounted for.

Frank was there and got his credit card and 'John' swiped the card on this small mobile machine that also had a small screen upon which Frank entered in his pin number. A receipt was printed out and given to us.

Between last Thursday and Monday $4,000 was withdrawn from our credit account at ATM machines in the north shore area. It appears a dummy credit card was made using the details in the machine and of course, they had Frank's pin number. The Bank has stopped our cards and I've been to the Police this morning, where they confirmed that it is a definite scam and many households were hit during the first 3 days of October.

So PLEASE be wary of accepting a gift you're not expecting especially if the card is not with it. We've all received gifts like this and would never dream that it could be such a despicable act. Please also let other female friends and relatives know. Hopefully, these fraudsters have ceased this activity by now but you never know.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thank you for sharing.much appreciated as this is a season of giving and receiving...but certainly not cheating and conning people.thank you brother.

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
DOM the Clown is a hopeless clown. He's an idiot. I've therefore taken the initiative to take over his.....*ahem*.

Anyway, I live in Oxley Road area. I'm very open-minded and I'm here in this stooooopid forum to listen to all your problems. Don't expect me to solve all your problems but I'll try. I'm very open-minded and caring but if you push your luck too far, I'll wait for you at the cul-de-sac with my knuckle duster and knock some sense into you so that you'll realise that ALL your problems were caused by your complacency!!! How can you depend on my famiLEE......oops!.....I mean my charity to take care of everything............

Like I'd said. I'm very open-minded and I'm caring.............