• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

" I was abducted by aliens " - Japanese First Lady

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been abducted by aliens, says Japan's first lady

(Oh, and she also knew Tom Cruise in a previous life)

By Peter Popham

Thursday, 3 September 2009

Move over Michelle, watch your backs, Carla and Sarah. There's a new kid on the first lady block, and she looks like upstaging the lot of you.

Miyuki Hatoyama, wife of Japan's Prime Minister-elect, Yukio Hatoyama, is a lifestyle guru, a macrobiotics enthusiast, an author of cookery books, a retired actress, a divorcee, and a fearless clothes horse for garments of her own creation, including a skirt made from Hawaiian coffee sacks. But there is more, much more. She has travelled to the planet Venus. And she was once abducted by aliens.

The 62-year-old also knew Tom Cruise in a former incarnation – when he was Japanese – and is now looking forward to making a Hollywood movie with him. "I believe he'd get it if I said to him, 'Long time no see', when we meet," she said in a recent interview. But it is her claim in a book entitled "Very Strange Things I've Encountered" that she was abducted by aliens while she slept one night 20 years ago, that has suddenly drawn attention following last Sunday's poll.

"While my body was asleep, I think my soul rode on a triangular-shaped UFO and went to Venus," she explains in the tome she published last year. "It was a very beautiful place, and it was very green."

When the new Japanese first lady related her adventures to her then husband, he told her flatteringly that it was probably just a dream. But she is confident that Yukio, the man now entrusted with the task of hauling Japan out of its deepest recession, would have reacted very differently. "My current husband has a different way of thinking. He would surely say, 'Oh, that's great'," she wrote. Mrs Hatoyama's self-confidence in projecting her personality, and shattering the traditional expectations of a political wife, probably derives from her early years as a dancer in Japan's legendary all-female Takarazuka theatrical troupe.

Founded in 1913, Takarazuka has long enjoyed cult status in Japan. The star players in its glitzy, saccharine, ferociously camp productions of US classics like Gone with the Wind enjoy superstar status among the armies of women that flock to the shows. Takarazuka's actresses are picked from thousands of teenage hopefuls in a stringent selection process and subjected to a quasi-monastic training regimen. While a handful become household names, the great majority, like Mrs Hatoyama, retire after a few years. But the aura of belonging to this exclusive sorority clings to them for ever.

After six years Mrs Hatoyama quit the troupe and went to the United States. It was there, while working in a Japanese restaurant in San Francisco, that she met Yukio, then a graduate student at Stanford University. Miyuki was still married to her first husband. "The average man chooses his mate from among unmarried women," Mr Hatoyama boasted years later. "I chose mine from among all women."

Rejecting the reticence that is customary in Japan, Mr Hatoyama makes no secret of his devotion to his multi-talented wife. His website has a photo of the pair of them in an affectionate pose, and he admits happily to being what the Japanese call a "my-home-papa". "I feel relieved when I get home," he says. "She is like an energy refuelling base."

Though Mr Hatoyama is a multi-millionaire and the fourth generation of his family to rise to the top of the Japanese political world, his appearance is unconventional by rigid Japanese standards: his hair is unruly and he rejects the navy uniform of the political world in favour of suits of brown and moss green.

It is this refusal to bow to convention, as well as his tendency to drop conversation-stopping remarks – like his call, during the election campaign, for a "politics full of love" – that long ago led other Japanese politicians to dismiss him as an uchujin, an alien. Though not, presumably, the one who took Miyuki to Venus.

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
'My soul rode on a UFO to Venus... it was very green': Japan's new prime minister's wife embarrasses husband with bizarre claim

The wife of Japan's next prime minister claims to have had a close encounter on another world.

Miyuki Hatoyama believes she visited outer space 20 years ago - before she married premier-elect Yukio Hatoyama.

'While my body was asleep, I think my soul rode on a triangular- shaped UFO and went to Venus. It was a very beautiful place and it was really green,' the 66-year-old former actress wrote in Strange Things I have Encountered, a book published last year.

When she awoke, she told her now ex-husband she had been to Venus. He advised her it was probably just a dream.

'My current husband has a different way of thinking,' she wrote. 'He would surely say, "Oh, that's great".'

Mr Hatoyama, 62, once nicknamed 'the alien' for his prominent eyes, will be sworn in on September 16, following his Democratic Party's crushing election victory over the long-ruling Liberal Democratic Party.

Miyuki, also known for her culinary skills, spent six years acting in the Takarazuka Revue, an all-female musical theatre group. She met the U.S.-educated Yukio while living in America.

Yukio Hatoyama, right, leader of the main opposition Democratic Party of Japan, and his wife Miyuki smile for the media last week after casting their absentee votes for the general elections at a polling station in Tokyo

She has told interviewers in the past that she had never had a dream that was not fulfilled and was now "burning" with desire to make a film in Hollywood.

'Unrealised dreams? I don't think I have one,' she said. 'Dreams will come true if you strongly believe in them. The dream I now want to realise and believe will come true is film-making.'

She playfully went on to say that the lead actor would be Tom Cruise, 'because I know he was a Japanese in a previous life'.

She declined to go into details about her film plot, but declared confidently that her movie would 'change people's sense of value dramatically... I'll get an Oscar for sure'.

Miyuki went on to say how she gets energy from the sun.

'When the sun is up, I always eat it... I tear it off and eat it like this,' she said, gesturing as if clawing at the sky, tearing pieces off the sun and putting them in her mouth. 'That gives me great power,' she said.

A former actress turned lifestyle guru with an interest in spirituality she will liven up the rather staid role of a premier's wife.

Miyuki, known for her extrovert and quirky personality, gives inspirational talks and has appeared on TV variety shows to discuss topics ranging from spirituality to politics.

She describes herself as a "life composer" who arranges people's food, clothes and home decor and has authored cook books, including "Spiritual Food" on Hawaiian macrobiotic recipes.

She also serves as the chief stylist for her husband, doing his hair and coordinating what he wears.

The 62-year-old has spoken in glowing terms about his wife as the bedrock of his life.

'I feel relieved when I get home,' he told an interviewer for a photo book published in 2002. 'She is like an energy-refuelling base.'

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
venus703.jpg