• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I used this 'gong ji wan' bowl since young, hard to find nowadays

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone know where still selling these?

6272111320111103180541039.jpg

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
this ron ron sure everyday hide infront of his computer. this type of bowl, there are still quite a number of stalls using. some stalls are using other patterns such as the hibiscus( pink and grey).

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng says, "but the pic looks like some hk or taiwan movie shot so may not be available here lor.":biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like that cockerel porcelain bowl too. My old neighbor always used that. I last time I've seen it was several years ago at Old Airport Road HC with Chinese friends who recommended this wanton mee stall. The dry wanton mee was very nice and served in that kind of bowl. However, it's kind of stupid to serve the soup that was of course hotter than dry mee in a plastic bowl. If they didn't have enough to budget for all porcelain, then they should have served the not-so-hot dry mee in plastic and the hotter soup in porcelain.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this ron ron sure everyday hide infront of his computer. this type of bowl, there are still quite a number of stalls using. some stalls are using other patterns such as the hibiscus( pink and grey).

I think Fei Fei wanton mee at Joo Chiat uses this type of bowl.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
have lah...i bought a few from Chinatown...go to Peoples Park complex upstairs...still have.

But the design / pattern is intrinsically different from the older version...really miss the old version of this bowl..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
have lah...i bought a few from Chinatown...go to Peoples Park complex upstairs...still have.

But the design / pattern is intrinsically different from the older version...really miss the old version of this bowl..

Yes, you are right, 3rd floor just after the escalator, I have browsed there before. AMK Central, the stall that sells all sorts of kichen wear & others stuffs, they have these porecelin bowls etc.. didn't pay attention if it was cockerel pattern, maybe the light blue carp pattern.

Chinatown, forgottten the street name, was it temple street or?, the end of the road towards New Bridge Rd., the shop selling all things for cooking & baking, including chef wear, they have porcelin bowls also. Last time, you can look into Emporiums! Try Albert Street area..