• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Really Wasn't Trying To Be Rude

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wat arrogance! ... wat ungraciousness! ... wat beaches! ... wat a society! ...

I really wasn't trying to be rude
Letter from Atticus Si
05:55 AM Jul 02, 2009

I WAS on the MRT during the morning peak hour and was occupying a "priority seat". I was busy flipping through my school notes when a lady said to me: "Excuse me, she's pregnant". She was pointing at another lady whom I would say most men would have no way of identifying as being pregnant.

Nevertheless, I stood up and offered the seat to her. To my surprise, the pregnant lady took the seat without even looking at me or saying a simple thank you. And the lady who had alerted me simply said a cold and sarcastic "thanks".

While I could not blame the attitude of these two ladies, they need only have said a simple "excuse me". The attitude of expecting an automatic evacuation will only bring about resentment, and ultimately breed more ungraciousness.

Perhaps the Public Transport Council can consider following the Japanese system of having a "women-only space" in which half a cabin is kept aside for women during peak hours.

Last edited:

Ha1ry Potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes and the other half for coloured folks.

next time , we will have the following grouping of mrt coaches :
a. for elderly above 50's only
b. for pregnant woman, pregnant 3 months and above
c. for saf serviceman in uniform only, rank Major and above
d. for FT only
:confused:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nevertheless, I stood up and offered the seat to her. To my surprise, the pregnant lady took the seat without even looking at me or saying a simple thank you. And the lady who had alerted me simply said a cold and sarcastic "thanks".

you do not need to be gracious when dealing with sinkies, they dun appreciate it. I suggest the guy show his middle finger to the lady and ask her to sit on the floor or take a taxi. if no money to take a taxi, then dun get fuck and get pregnant.

TNP(Tua Neh Pau)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pregnant women deserved the seat as she is carrying a burden in her tummy. If the gal got big breast, I will also give up my seat for her. She also got heavy burden you know..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if got big breast, no need to give up the seat, just help her to carry the burden lah.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pregnant women deserved the seat as she is carrying a burden in her tummy. If the gal got big breast, I will also give up my seat for her. She also got heavy burden you know..

If the girl looks like your avatar I won't give up my seat also, I'll keep her boobies at eye level!

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the first place you shouldn't sit on the reserve seats when you are an young and able human.

Go check with LTA, they will tell you its an offence to sit on those seats. GET IT??

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the first place you shouldn't sit on the reserve seats when you are an young and able human.

Go check with LTA, they will tell you its an offence to sit on those seats. GET IT??

hi there

1. come on! everyone pays the same fare.
2. should not or should is one's choice and decision.
3. graciousness begets graciousness.
4. nowadays, "bitches" are so full of themselves.
5. go and tell lta to increase train frequency.
6. what offence, if you pay for the ride?
7. try taking the train during the peak hours, get it!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Go check with LTA, they will tell you its an offence to sit on those seats. ...
nt sure whether offence anot ... but, if offence, so wat? ... can oso eat n drink n b merry inside mrt wat ... dey oso heck care 1 ...

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
if got big breast, no need to give up the seat, just help her to carry the burden lah.

CB Kia tonychat,

u had been convicted in spore for molesting a bangla worker..

learn your fucking lesson and stop being nuisance to society:oIo::oIo::oIo:

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
when the lady said; excuse me, she's pregnant.

the man shd have act innocent and said....'i know...but i wasnt the one who did it!'

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Sinkie really must have a brain the size of a pea to suggest something like that...

Next time, we'll hear something like this at the platform:

The trains coming at platform A & B is for FTs and PR only, for Sinkies, please wait for the next train which is packed.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal

What works in Tokyo and London will not work in SG.
To Sinkies it makes no difference even with the "Priority Seat" label stuck to the seat itself. They would need to stick a FINE label $$$ like everything else in SG and having inspectors board at random and start issuing summons. Otherwise they might as well scrap priority seats.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
those who pregnant better take cabs. if can't afford, don't pregnant. never see any pregnant woman can jump queue at lady toilets at shopping mall, why should we give up our seats?

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
those who pregnant better take cabs. if can't afford, don't pregnant. never see any pregnant woman can jump queue at lady toilets at shopping mall, why should we give up our seats?

ya man.. blame the fucker who made her pregnant :biggrin: