• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I just don't understand why you guys hate PRC talent

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look how beautiful and talented this babe is

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qOh7vlJPUfM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qOh7vlJPUfM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't be pre-occupied and prejudice. we singaporean men are really nice. we care for them, make lov with them and pay them. come out money and come out strength to care for these prc talent fls.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
love her voice. She has a very versatile voice whether it is singing R/b / R&B songs, ballads, or traditional old school Chinese songs, she pulls each off with ease. (Not to mention her amazing ability to hit higher range notes with ease)

Her voice is better than a lot of the "pop" singers in the Cpop music industry nowadays.

She won 3rd place in the "Super Girl Singing Competition." BTW her name is Zhang Liang Ying

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rfHj0JPx3Mk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rfHj0JPx3Mk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Check if there is anyone behind there who do the real voice. I still remember the Olympic incident.

Honesty is very important.

Lu Bu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Check if there is anyone behind there who do the real voice. I still remember the Olympic incident.

Honesty is very important.

Beijing Olympics

Olympics: Child singer revealed as fake

ct460x276.jpg

Yang Peiyi was replaced by Lin Miaoke who mimed "Ode to the Motherland" as her face was "not suitable" for the Olympics opening ceremony. Photographs: AFP/ AP

When nine-year-old Lin Miaoke launched into Ode to the Motherland at the Olympic opening ceremony, she became an instant star.

"Tiny singer wins heart of nation," China Daily sighed; "Little girl sings, impresses the world," gushed another headline, perhaps in reference to Lin's appearance on the front of the New York Times. Countless articles lauded the girl in the red dress who "lent her voice" to the occasion. But now it emerges that Lin was lent someone else's voice, following high-level discussions - which included a member of the Politburo - on the relative photogenicity of small children. The recording to which Lin mouthed along on Friday was by the even younger Yang Peiyi. It seems that Yang's uneven teeth, while unremarkable in a seven-year-old, were considered potentially damaging to China's international image.

"This is in the national interest. It is the image of our national music, national culture. Especially the entrance of our national flag; this is an extremely important, extremely serious matter," Chen Qigang, the event's general music designer, explained to a Beijing radio station. Chen said that director Zhang Yimou - who created the ceremony - had demanded a "very cute" child; a standard certainly met by Lin and, many would suggest, by Yang. "We made the decision that the voice we would use was Yang Peiyi's. The child on camera should be flawless in image, internal feelings, and expression.

"Lin Miaoke is excellent in those aspects. But in the aspect of voice, Yang Peiyi is flawless," he explained. But at the last minute, officials decided a switch was needed, according to the translation by the China Digital Times website. "We had been through several inspections - they were all very strict. When we rehearsed at the spot, there were spectators from various divisions, especially a leader from the Politburo, who gave us his opinion: It must change," said Chen. "I think it is fair to both Lin Miaoke and Yang Peiyi. That is to say, we have a perfect voice, and a perfect image and representation - in our team's view - combined together." It appears that Lin, already a veteran of TV adverts, may not have been aware that Yang's voice was used. Chen said they had recordings of both girls and their voices were fairly similar. Yang appears to have taken the snub in her stride. Asked by a CCTV journalist whether she was sad to have missed the opening ceremony, she replied: "No, my voice was there."

Not everyone has reacted so calmly. "Adults may lie, but leave the kids out of it," one angry internet user wrote. Her tutor, Wang Liping, wrote in her blog that Yang is cute and well-behaved, with a love for Peking opera. "She doesn't like to show off. She's easygoing," she added. Yang's school could not be reached today. The switch may reflect underlying cultural preferences as well as the incredible attention paid to Olympic preparations. Research by Daniel Hamermesh, an economist at the University of Texas, as suggested that the "beauty premium" in parts of China is far more pronounced than in the west for women. Dr Hamermesh's work shows that ugly people earn below the average income while beautiful people earn more. In Britain, attractive women enjoy a +1% premium. But in Shanghai, the figure was +10%.

Lu Bu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From The Times
<!-- this will be populated from CMS --><!-- BEGIN: Module - Advert:Top --><!-- For Travel Search --><!--SECTION:parameter parameter="dart.server" /--><!-- END: Module - Advert:Top -->
August 13, 2008
China banned child singer with crooked teeth from singing at opening ceremony

<!-- END: Module - Main Heading -->
<!--CMA user Call Diffrenet Variation Of Image --><!-- BEGIN: Module - M24 Article Headline with portrait image (b) --><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/js/m24-image-browser.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/js/tol.js"></script><script type="text/javascript"> <!-- /* Global variables that are used for "image browsing". Used on article pages to rotate the images of a story. */ var sImageBrowserImagePath = ''; var aArticleImages = new Array(); var aImageDescriptions = new Array(); var aImageEnlargeLink = new Array(); var aImageEnlargePopupWidth = '500'; var aImageEnlargePopupHeight = '500'; var aImagePhotographer = new Array(); var nSelectedArticleImage = 0; var i=0; var aImageAltText= new Array(); //--></script><script type="text/javascript"><!-- aArticleImages = '/multimedia/archive/00382/standalone_split_382110a.jpg'; //--></script><script type="text/javascript"><!-- aImageDescriptions = "Lin Miaoke, top, who lip-synched at the opening ceremony over the voice of Yang Peiyi, below, whose appearance concerned Chinese officials" ; aImageDescriptions = aImageDescriptions.replace(/&quot;/g,"\""); //--></script><script type="text/javascript"><!-- aImagePhotographer = "China.com.cn" ; aImagePhotographer = aImagePhotographer.replace(/&quot;/g,"\""); //--></script><!--Don't Display undifined test for credit --><script type="text/javascript"><!-- aImageAltText = "Lin Miaoke, top, and Yang Peiyi" ; aImageAltText = aImageAltText.replace(/&quot;/g,"\""); //--></script><script type="text/javascript"><!-- aImageEnlargeLink = '/multimedia/archive/00382/standalone_split_382110a.jpg'; i=i+1; //--></script> <!-- BEGIN: Portrait image -->
standalone_split_382110a.jpg

<!-- Tip: This here with the id "dynamic-image-navigation" is used so that the innerHTML can be written to by the JS call below. --> <script type="text/javascript"><!-- fCreateImageBrowser(nSelectedArticleImage,'portrait',"/tol/"); //--></script><!-- END: Portrait image --><!-- Print Author name from By Line associated with the article --> Jane Macartney and Ashling O'Connor in Beijing

<!-- END: Module - Module - M24 Article Headline with portrait image (b) --><!-- Article Copy module --><!-- BEGIN: Module - Main Article --><!-- Check the Article Type and display accordingly--><!-- Print Author image associated with the Author--><!-- Print the body of the article--><style type="text/css"> div#related-article-links p a, div#related-article-links p a:visited { color:#06c; } </style><!-- Pagination --><!--Display article with page breaks -->Alpha Mummy: how would you comfort Yang Peiyi? | China imports 'cheer squads'

She warmed more than a billion hearts with her sweet and pure rendition of one of China’s favourite revolutionary anthems at the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. As Lin Miaoke sang sweetly through Ode to the Motherland in the Bird’s Nest stadium on Friday night, an emerging superpower swelled with pride at their beautiful little songbird in her red dress and cute pigtails. But as she was fêted across China yesterday for a charming performance that made her a star, the Beijing schoolgirl was exposed as a fake.

Far from being angel-voiced, it seems Miaoke was simply angel-faced, as it emerged that she did not sing a note. The real singer was Yang Peiyi, a seven-year-old deemed not pretty enough to be the face of China’s most watched moment in history. Chubby-cheeked with crooked teeth, she was substituted at the eleventh hour by Communist Party officials desperate to present the best possible image of Chinese youth to a curious world. After watching a rehearsal with Peiyi in the lead role, a senior member of the Politburo told Beijing Olympic organisers that they had an urgent problem that needed fixing. The solution was to front Peiyi’s “perfect” voice with the more acceptable face of Miaoke, who had already appeared in a television advert.

“The reason why little Peiyi was not chosen to appear was because we wanted to project the right image. The reason was for the national interest,” said Chen Qigang, the renowned contemporary composer and French citizen who directed the music for the opening ceremony.
“The child on camera should be flawless in image, internal feelings and expression. Lin Miaoke is excellent in those aspects but in terms of voice Yang Peiyi is perfect.” The lip-synching revelation is the latest in a line of admissions by the Chinese organisers that not everything at these Games is what it seems.

jw5

Loyal
I don't mind this type of talent.
I just hate those talents who cut their finger and toe nails on public transport.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, i tot the left girl girl is cuter than the right one?

it's common to have kids with bad teeth, because of all the sweets they eat? even the right one got some missing teeth?

how did they managed to come to this conclusion? chinese inferiority complex?

or fake communists ideologies claims in "perfection" in their fake ideologies?

ct460x276.jpg

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am blessed that I can attract good PRC talent.

We should import more PRC talent, so that we can improve our stock of human capital

Every profession from scientists, engineers, musicians to retail staff and waitresses

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah very nice to you, but it will be nicer, if she take all your money, your house, your dog and left nothing for your family. that will be nicer right?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beijing Olympics

Olympics: Child singer revealed as fake

ct460x276.jpg

the commie party member was right. the right gal is much more beautiful than the left gal. but they should not make the left gal feel bad about herself, she was given para closing ceremony , but that is not the main event.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
zeroo, when did the true blue singaporean reject prc talent? the problem is there is no prc talent here but a load of prc thrash...

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am blessed that I can attract good PRC talent.

We should import more PRC talent, so that we can improve our stock of human capital

Every profession from scientists, engineers, musicians to retail staff and waitresses

wat a post from a doggie's mouth...:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun pray pray... this besotted guy is a big donor to Huang Na's mom

His name is up on the wall of her new 4 storey mansion

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun pray pray... this besotted guy is a big donor to Huang Na's mom

His name is up on the wall of her new 4 storey mansion

Sure, her life is not perfect but she lost a daughter. No amount of money will ease that grief

She has found strength to move on, helped by generous Singaporeans

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
his restaurant will close shop soon due to PRC poisoning. Give him a break lah.

Haha, I don't sell Indian rojak in Geylang

My standards are very high although my pricing is reasonable

For $6 you can get a meal, but if you want a full course with the best sharks' fin and wine, this option is also available. Anything from $6 to $2,888 I have

But for Westerners below 30 years old, I need you to pay first. Many times, they eat and run away or play punk to pay less, so I learnt my lesson.

The older ones or tourists are okay, but the young ones, whether in shirt and tie or casual all like to play a fool, plus they don't know how to enjoy good cuisine anyway, so better not waste good stuff on them

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are chinese Singaporean, ur ancestors were from China. If you travel overseas, all the ignorant people will auto deem u as from China judging from ur appearance and ur full name. No need to condemn all PRC nationals as screw up ppl. There are bound to be nice ones around.

The real type of fucking FTs we should aim to expel are those fucking angmos who still bear the colonial mindset showing us locals condescending attitude.
Fuckers behave as if they can do what they want just because they are fucking white and their nosey white trash government will bail them out if they commit crimes in Asia. Fuckers treat Asia as one of their "playground" and have no respect for it at all.... :oIo: them all!