• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I hope the Health Promotion Board will act

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Why smoking persists in Housing Board lifts
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IN RECENT years, the Government has beefed up rules against inconsiderate smokers, such as by partitioning areas in coffee shops and banning smoking in pubs. However, it has overlooked one important area where inconsiderate smokers flout the rules - in Housing and Development Board (HDB) lifts.
I live in an HDB block in Bukit Panjang and on many occasions have seen residents of my block leaving the lift with a lit cigarette.
My husband and I have a one-year-old daughter. Before the lift upgrade, when the old lifts were still side by side, if a lift was full of cigarette smoke we would send it to the highest floor so the other lift would come down to serve us.
However, the upgraded lifts are physically quite far apart, so we have no choice but to ride in the lift and suffer inhaling the cigarette fumes.
When I read the sign warning against smoking in the lift, I realised that punitive measures are not mentioned at all. The sign only says smoking is not allowed but does not mention what punishment culprits face.
In any case, there is no way these culprits can be caught as there is no camera in the lift to catch them.
I hope the Health Promotion Board will act.
Unlike coffee shops and pubs, lifts are used by everyone, every day.
Chia Sok Lin (Ms)

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB flats' high price are pegged by leegime, ms Chia has no understanding about living in HDB flats though she paid for a condo price..

In fact, if there is no FT cleaners, HDB flats are worse than third-world countries.

Ms Chia should know she is not living in a first world. with Ft trash, it could be worse if FT cleaners boycott singapore one day.

Ms Chia should advise her friends and relatives to vote out PAP to reform singapore if she wants change !