• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I got my growth dividend

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, today found out got extra money in account thanks to the growth dividend

Then I read in the free Today newspaper front page that electricity prices up by more than 20%.

Very strange because oil price drop from US$147 to $98

Anyway luckily I am a cheapskate. Besides my PC, I don't switch on the lights. If I need light, I just open windo big big use corridor light. If I wanna read newspaper I read in corridor. So electricity price increase affects me only a little

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
make fully and useful use of the handout.
times are bad.

Golden years for singapore... didn't LKY said that about a year ago ???... LKY must be getting myopic nowadays.... his vision is worse than my 70-year old father-in-law...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Golden years for singapore... didn't LKY said that about a year ago ???... LKY must be getting myopic nowadays.... his vision is worse than my 70-year old father-in-law...

No!, Singaporeans are myopic, he didn't mention golden years for which Singaporeans!

October 1, 2008

1. Public Transport fares are up, with more 'pull the wool' over your eyes rebates.
2. Electricity Tariffs are up 20%, with the same, rebates for the POOR, while you POOR thing have to pay more.
3. Newspaper up 10c, to 90c(SGD), Saturdays S$1.00, still the same old 'rubbish' being published. They will tell you, if you campare the shittimes, with....... and that..... it is still cheapest!.

It is a GOlden period for all SINgaporeanS, especially we have to be especially thankful to the 66.6%!...THANK YOU!

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything UP but MIWs said still must keep t.v, radio on (in spite of electricity hike), buy newspaper (in spite of newpapers hike)

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_284653.html

North West Community Development Council mayor Teo Ho Pin said ....those who miss out on the vouchers because of late applications should not blame the authorities, he said.

'The vouchers are goodwill gestures and there was enough publicity about them... Residents need to take an interest in the news and in what they need to do to help themselves,' he said.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, today found out got extra money in account thanks to the growth dividend

Then I read in the free Today newspaper front page that electricity prices up by more than 20%.

Very strange because oil price drop from US$147 to $98

Anyway luckily I am a cheapskate. Besides my PC, I don't switch on the lights. If I need light, I just open windo big big use corridor light. If I wanna read newspaper I read in corridor. So electricity price increase affects me only a little

You screw un the dark ??:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everything UP but MIWs said still must keep t.v, radio on (in spite of electricity hike), buy newspaper (in spite of newpapers hike)

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_284653.html

North West Community Development Council mayor Teo Ho Pin said ....those who miss out on the vouchers because of late applications should not blame the authorities, he said.

'The vouchers are goodwill gestures and there was enough publicity about them... Residents need to take an interest in the news and in what they need to do to help themselves,' he said.

Residents need to take an interest in the news[/SIZE][/COLOR] and in what they need to do to help themselves,' he said.[/QUOTE]

This I got to agree with him, the residents should take interest in the news, & review how much extras they have to pay everyday & make informed information on whom they want to vote for!.

It is like "Oliver" going up and ask for more 'gruel', I bet Pro. Ho, knows the story of Oliver Twist!.

Does he know that many are facing economic hardship & having problems paying for their utilities bills, which run into hundred of dollars?. When they approcah their MP's, the so-called goodwill vouchers is fro? $30, $40 or $50, they present this to Singapore power to offset what they owe, and still gets their unitilties cut off.

How can these people cope?, when they are floundering, prices of everything keeps going up!..yes!, there are schemes out there to help. Have anyone of you tried helping these people to look for help?, and encounter walls of obstruction in red tapes!.

goodwill...yes! indeed, it is the people's goodwill that, they voted for them, and pay their keeps!.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
u really are one hell of a cheapo

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u really are one hell of a cheapo

There were those, who even uses the taps around the block, until these days, they locked them up.

I know a colleague from the past, who users the office building for his morning 'business', even bring along his tooth brush wash his face etc...

No suprising anyway, you have to save money! :biggrin:,

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup...heard they have a sophisticate system to ensure arrears are recovered before monies reaches peasants.

How come MSM never run stories of peasants' growth dividend being automatically made to pay income tax arrears as previous :confused:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
give little take so much.
wa biang eh..:(

even times are gd, govt is not lowering the prices at all.

making full use of power u have in the country to profit ur pocket is a very smart move, no shit.

Mentri_Besar_emas

Alfrescian
Loyal
do u pay the bill ? yes , no? Young gen ppl in the house dont do this kind of things for u , hor?
You can talk and scold a hundred times, they still use lights and PC like nobody biziness..At the end of month , the bill always increase.

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
3. Newspaper up 10c, to 90c(SGD), Saturdays S$1.00, still the same old 'rubbish' being published. They will tell you, if you campare the shittimes, with....... and that..... it is still cheapest!.

Worst ...same old "rubbish" being recycle among the numerous papers under SPH...bloody hell, milking us by having "fake" competition...how about closing down some of the newspaper or cost cutting :mad:

Fake competition in moblie
Fake competition in public transport
Fake competition in public healthcare...
KNN