• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I feel I know more about USA than about Sinky land

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
everyday listen to cnbc and bloomberg but tune out when I accendently turn to channel news asia and see local media trying to con us. Even Malaysia Anwar more entertaining.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree, Singapore media is like a strong cement trying to cover the ruling party worms. Luckily we have internet to drill in to expose those worms long hidden from public eyes.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Civil servants of Division 1 fully understand your frustration but can only offer this mitigating reply that Singapore will become more open media-wise in the coming future as the need to do so to stay competitive increases. There will still be topics that may be off limits or highly scrutinized for the sake of national security.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
everyday listen to cnbc and bloomberg but tune out when I accendently turn to channel news asia and see local media trying to con us. Even Malaysia Anwar more entertaining.
Would you prefer to watch Erin Burnett and Becky Quick or Melvin Yong and Timothy Go?

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I switch between cnbc and bloomberg hoping to make a quick buck by day trading the market. for example , make about about 2K shorting the market when breaking news came out that bailout package will have equity stake dilution.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

And Bush wishes he has Sg.

Madantory (no, not a spelling mistake) NS in the US is exactly what the US president wishes he has now!

Perhaps God does work in wondrous ways after all!

Cheers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree, Singapore media is like a strong cement trying to cover the ruling party worms. Luckily we have internet to drill in to expose those worms long hidden from public eyes.

Actually the US media is bias and have their own agendas. The diff is there are many stations to choose from and the consumer can make his own conclusions. The govt does not have such a tight grip on the media there unlike over here.

Take a look at fox news which is anything but fair and balanced. Some ppl say cnn is clinton news network etc.