• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Am Now Officially Richer Than Oei Hong Leong "The Man With The Minus Touch"

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oei Hong Leong, aka 'The Man With The Minus Touch' was taken to the cleaners by the Forex market, losing SGD1,000,000,000. Mr Oei is well known for his uncanny ability to minus zeros from his bank account, hence the nickname 'The Man With The Minus Touch'.

I can say with full confidence that I am now richer than Mr Oei

LOCAL businessman Oei Hong Leong - dubbed the 'man with the Midas touch' - lost a whopping $1 billion on foreign exchange and US Treasury bond transactions last year. While he has fully paid off these losses, he is now suing Citigroup's private banking arm in the High Court for negligence and misrepresentation, legal documents seen by The Straits Times reveal.

Mr Oei claims that the bank - with which he has a 30-year relationship - repeatedly gave him an inaccurate picture of his trading exposure, causing him to take on more positions than he would have otherwise done so.

When he knew the full extent of his exposure, he felt he had no choice but to close his positions - at an extremely volatile time last October - thus suffering massive losses.

It is not clear how much of a beating Mr Oei's net worth has taken, but he was ranked Singapore's 29th richest man by Forbes last year with a net worth of only US$210 million (S$308 million). Forbes bases its listing on stakes in publicly traded companies and in private company filings.

Ironically, Mr Oei has become the latest high-profile victim of the financial crisis because he was trying to reduce his exposure.

In 2007, he believed that the global economy would experience a downturn and decided to trim his trading positions, his statement of claim says.

Meanwhile, he told his private bankers that he wanted to maintain a margin surplus of about US$100 million.

This is cash placed with a bank and clients can trade up to several times that amount. If the trades run up losses, this margin has to be topped up.

Following a change of relationship manager last year, Mr Oei dealt mainly with two assistants in the private banking department, whom he would call to check on the balance on a daily basis.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is actually quite difficult to lose $1 billion! I think he has the Medusa stare. See the stock liao, then it will tank like a rock!

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can say with full confidence that I am now richer than Mr Oei

Wow! I didn't know you have $150 million :confused: ....... although this tiongkok tycoon lost $1 billion......... he still has over $150 million in his tiongkok bank accounts :smile: ........... isn't it amazing how his $$$ never runs out huh :biggrin:

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is actually quite difficult to lose $1 billion! I think he has the Medusa stare. See the stock liao, then it will tank like a rock!

His luck simply ran out and he bite on more that he can chew. He has been lucky all this while in the stock market, giving him the illusion that he is a shrew speculator when the fact was he was a retard.

To do well in the financial world, luck can only get you so far. I, on the other hand, am blessed with a highly analytical and intelligent mind. I will never make the kind of amateurish mistakes Mr Oei made.

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
To decode what double agent Clinton666 is trying to say, he is actually now highly in debt and is worried for his personal financial security.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? Show us the proof. Where? Forbes magazine? Or are u farting again? :biggrin:

What Clinton666 is probably saying is that Oei's net worth is now minus 700 million. So a penniless begger is 700 million dollars richer than Oei.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! I didn't know you have $150 million :confused: ....... although this tiongkok tycoon lost $1 billion......... he still has over $150 million in his tiongkok bank accounts :smile: ........... isn't it amazing how his $$$ never runs out huh :biggrin:

You retarded dog :oIo:

My sources tell me he has less than 15mil left..