• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am Lee. The Story of the LeeGime !

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
sg04_04b.jpg

I am Lee. The Story of the LeeGime !

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
610x.jpg

Former opposition MP and former Secretary-General of the Workers’ Party, Mr JB Jeyaretnam, died of heart failure early Tuesday. He was 82 years old.

He was the first opposition member to win a Parliamentary seat in 15 years when he defeated the People’s Action Party’s (PAP) Pang Kim Hin and the United People’s Front’s Harbans Singh in the Anson By-Election in 1981.

jeyaretnam_jb.jpg

Credits

I remember even as a child, how passionate and fiery this man was about his beliefs and how he cared for the people, even though I might not have completely understood the issues then.

It was always about the people. One never saw JBJ seeking self glory. If there is one thing about JBJ, it is that he had always fought passionately and fearlessly for what he believed was good for Singapore.

Mainstream coverage on JBJ’s death understandably talks about his bankruptcy and disqualification from practising law. Not so understandably, they do not touch on why he was forced into bankruptcy and how he was wrongfully disbarred and deprived of his seat in Parliament. I am not linking to these reports out of respect for JBJ, whom I believe, fought the good fight.

May you rest in peace, sir.

The editors and writers of The Online Citizen would like to express their deepest condolences to the family of Mr JB Jeyaretnam on his passing.

Mr Jeyaretnam has been a true son of Singapore. A man who fought for his beliefs and whose determination, perseverance, grit and relentless pursuit of what is right is an inspiration for all of us.
Rest in peace, JBJ.

We will miss you.