• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'I always do my best for the people': Najib

ArjanParangToh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Datuk Seri Najib Razak said in the last 2 and 1/2 years since he assumed office as prime minister, he had dedicated himself to do what was best and right for the people.

"This may appear boastful, but I assure you it is no more than the truth," he said in a recent 1Malaysia blog post.

Najib said regardless of what had been said of him, his family or administration by irresponsible parties, he had sought to ensure that every decision made was the absolute right one.

He added that there were people who made the ultimate sacrifice and commitment to a noble cause that was valued above their own lives.

"This was a constant reminder when I served as minister of defence," he said.

Najib added that he took his oath of office as prime minister in April 2009 very seriously.

Najib said the oath did not only affect him as prime minister, Umno and Barisan Nasional chairman, but also as a man proud to be Malaysian.

He added that Malaysia made great progress in the last 2 and 1/2 years with transformation programmes and policies that targeted short-term and long-term gains.

"We have some way yet to go on this journey and, like any other journey, it is not without its challenges and tribulations.

"Bigger challenges are likely to come as we close in on our goals. It is my greatest hope that we can prepare ourselves well for such things."

But Najib feared that Malaysia could fall short of its journey because of weaknesses within ranks, whether caused by ineptitude, apathy, or selfish interests before the larger cause.

"I do not wish to see the sacrifices and good work of so many be rendered pointless because of the thoughtless acts of a few.

"Neither do I wish to see people pointing fingers at each other with accusations and judgment."

He said the people often lost sight of the collective purpose and regress into petty m&d-slinging. When finger-pointing began, the larger community loses, he said.

"If we are to be a well-developed high-income nation with a first-world mentality, I believe we must each look into ourselves and ask if we have the desire and the will to make the necessary sacrifices for the greater good."

Najib added that all religions encouraged their faithful to be self-aware and perform honest self-assessments from time to time.

"It is with this self-awareness that I hope comes the ability to make decisions that will be the best and right ones, not just for ourselves, but for the future of Malaysia."