• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hypocrisy, Curiosity or Concern

jw5

Loyal
I would like to hear some opinions on the following.
Have you ever encountered friends, relatives or acquaintances who asked you questions like "How are you?" or "How's your health" or other questions of this nature, especially when things with you are not too good?
Have you wondered what they would say if instead of replying positively, you said that you were not well and needed their help? probably make some embarrassed excuse and try to get away? Or ask more curious questions without ever wanting to help?
Sometimes, I get really irritated by these seemingly innocuous questions, because I know that the person asking the question has no desire to help if you really need it. He or she is simply asking out of curiosity or perhaps even hypocrisy.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's just greetings, to acknowledge someone sees someone. Like, have you eaten or not? Or, where're you going? Common in Chinese and Thai cultures. I don't think that the people uttering these greeting phrases are actually interested in whether you've eaten or wherever you're going. They're only greeting you, as a matter of courtesy, so as not to appear like ignoring you when you pass by their paths.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah why think so much...

isn't it better to ask you and concern about you than simply bochup and heck care and you die your own problem?

seriously if you need help, just ask, i don't think they won't.

see hua nah case, so many chipped in....that's should be the singapore spirit...

always look on the bright side of life....not everyone is nasty you know...

otherwise sgp is gone case leow..