• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Huang Na to be immortalised?

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20090408-134070.html

Wed, Apr 08, 2009
my paper

20090408.094717_huangna_mural.jpg

Huang Na to be immortalised?

by KOH HUI THENG

HER death at the hands of a murderer shocked and moved thousands of Singaporeans in a rare outpouring of sympathy.

Now, five years after her death, eight-year-old Huang Na could be immortalised in a mural to take pride of place at the upcoming Circle Line's Telok Blangah MRT station.

The Jin Tai Primary School pupil's partially decomposed body was found at the foot of Telok Blangah Hill in 2004.

When contacted, Huang Na's mother, Madam Huang Shu Ying, 36, said she had received a call from Singapore about the possibility of her daughter being featured in the mural.

She said: "I'm okay with the idea, if the artist is simply adding the name (to the art piece) in her memory." The mother of two is now living in Taiwan's Taichung city. She runs a wholesale shoe-export business.

The artist behind the mural, Michael Lee, 36, was commissioned by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to do the art piece at the station last year.

It is understood that it is still a work-in-progress and whether Huang will make it into the completed work remains to be seen.

An LTA spokesman said that before the art pieces were commissioned, the artists were briefed by the LTA and the curator on the location of the station, the local landmarks, and some potential themes the artists could explore.

"Each artist was given free rein with regard to their work.

Their general concepts were presented to the Art Review Panel and the proposals were refined over a few months. The final proposals were approved only after it was certain that the designs were acceptable and that the art and architectural designs were fully integrated," she said.

"Although the concept of the art piece at the Circle Line Telok Blangah station has been accepted, the details of the art piece has yet to be approved by the art review panel."

If approved, Huang is likely to share a spot on the mural with politicians such as the late J. B. Jeyaretnam and Sun Yat Sen, and celebrity radio presenter Lee Dai Soh who lived in the Telok Blangah area.

When completed, the mural, to measure 9m in length and 2m in width, will be seen by commuters who take the lift from the train platform to the concourse level.

Some people, like Telok Blangah resident Liew Yan Mei, 29, questioned why the girl could be featured. The public-relations executive said: "I'll be passing through the station daily and I don't really want to be reminded about depressing events."

Telok Blangah MRT station is expected to open from next year.

Last edited:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To forever bring bad luck to the station? So many Sg kids died tragically, but why weren't they similarly "immortalized"? Just cos they held the stinking pink IC?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really bizarre. Why her? If we are remembering a young murder victim what about the malay Singapore girl who was murdered and dumped under the flyover about the same time. .

Or are we celebrating the fortune the family made. I got a funny feeling somebody is going to come to his or her senses and intervene.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are we supporting a mother, whose irrepsonsibilty led to her daughter's death?.

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
This really fcuking ridiculous!

Her incident, though tragic, was purely a private affair which involved 3 persons (herself, her mother and the killer), nothing more, nothing less.

What the hell is it so important or significant that has it has to have a mural, least of all using public money?

Just becoz it "moved thousands of Singaporeans"?

give me a fcuking break!

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is a good idea because we can commemorate the following:

1) Stupid Singkees donating so much money to an irresponsible mother of dubious morals that she can live like a queen in PRC.

2) Our world class poodle force allowing a murder suspect to saunter across the causeway.

3) The draconian death penalty sending someone to a better place under questionable circumstances.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really bizarre. Why her? If we are remembering a young murder victim what about the malay Singapore girl who was murdered and dumped under the flyover about the same time. .

Or are we celebrating the fortune the family made. I got a funny feeling somebody is going to come to his or her senses and intervene.

1-3.jpg

I want to immortalize the FT theme. I donch know why, but I juz luv FTs and hate the smelly NSmen! *hee*hee*

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This really fcuking ridiculous!

Her incident, though tragic, was purely a private affair which involved 3 persons (herself, her mother and the killer), nothing more, nothing less.

What the hell is it so important or significant that has it has to have a mural, least of all using public money?

Just becoz it "moved thousands of Singaporeans"?

give me a fcuking break!

What about the lao NSman who sacrificed himself to rescue his workers during the Nicholl Highway collapse during the circle line work. Why didn't any of the Papaya dogs immortalize him? Cos he reminds the people of the failing of LTA? *PTUI*

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this a joke? Haven't we had enough of this gal? Her death had expose the gullibility of Sinkees. By erecting a mural with her name on it is an insult and will be a constant reminder to us on how gullible sinkees are. And it is also an insult to great men like JB Jeya and Sun Yat Sen to be mentioned in the same breathe as her.....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about the lao NSman who sacrificed himself to rescue his workers during the Nicholl Highway collapse during the circle line work. Why didn't any of the Papaya dogs immortalize him? Cos he reminds the people of the failing of LTA? *PTUI*
Excellent point bro. My blood really boiling.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this a joke? Haven't we had enough of this gal? Her death had expose the gullibility of Sinkees. By erecting a mural with her name on it is an insult and will be a constant reminder to us on how gullible sinkees are. And it is also an insult to great men like JB Jeya and Sun Yat Sen to be mentioned in the same breathe as her.....

These guys are really mad including the artist.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
immortalize the deceased at telok blangah mrt, so to remind everybody of the blunders after blunders of the men in blue. and also to forever remember, which undeserving MP to be voted off in the upcoming GE :rolleyes:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid people can only come up with stupid ideas.

We have Lim Bo Seng and the long list of Force 136 heros
Not forgetting the long list of names of the Malay regiment who fought the Japs at Bt something and died, every one of them.

Are non of them more worthy then Huang Na for our remembrance?

Michael Lee, I'm all for freedom of expression but your expression simply show how shallow you are, not to mentioned the Chi Liao Be in LTA who go along with it.

But Again, we are a nation ran by ex-traitors, so war heroes are conveniently swept under the carpet and kept as low a profile as possible.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
These guys are really mad including the artist.

I can't fathom the logic behind this, is it because the mural has JBJ on it so got to include a murder victim along with it? It is plain stupidity, I have sympathy for the child but this??? How about the wife of Anthony Ler? Or even Kidney patient Tang who liberalized Organ Trading in Singapore?

:oIo: To the stupid authorities allowing this - I believe the painting of Huang Na will not last long, the work of the artist will be destroyed. :oIo:

I'll stand up and do the right thing.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cjnmi3p0NvQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cjnmi3p0NvQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zbq1jtxSBVI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zbq1jtxSBVI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>