• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

How to tell live female crabs got eggs or no eggs

Was at a fresh seafood market with a friend few days ago. Friend went to a stall and ask for live flower crabs with eggs. Stall owner machiam anyhow picked 3 and after cooking, all turn out to have eggs.

Is it possible to differentiate just by looking? I see machiam like all look the same. I like to eat crab with eggs but very very seldom got chance to eat crabs with eggs. Any seafood insiders here?

I tot fishermen supposed to return all pregnant sea creatures back into the sea to replenish future supplies?

You must not have tasted the higher class Japanese food. :wink:

special_contents4bbd231345e07.jpg

9680488585_ff39361fde_z.jpg

kaipoh

Look underneath the stomach this shape " }" is female got egg this shape " ^" male got sperm.

Was at a fresh seafood market with a friend few days ago. Friend went to a stall and ask for live flower crabs with eggs. Stall owner machiam anyhow picked 3 and after cooking, all turn out to have eggs.

Is it possible to differentiate just by looking? I see machiam like all look the same. I like to eat crab with eggs but very very seldom got chance to eat crabs with eggs. Any seafood insiders here?

Crabs and fishes breeding on the 1st and 15th month of the Chinese calendar, that is full moon. This is the time it has eggs.

Buy during this time one day before full moon or on that day..

Hope this help.

lianbeng replies: 1) ask the crab itself lor! 2) listen to its tummy lor! 3) u inseminate her lor! :biggrin: choose 1!

Fishypie

It's Never Easy to differentiate Bet the 'Koh' & the 'Neng' for any femaLe crabs; it's just an educated Guess, even
from these Vendors..:smile:

I was thinking there must be a way to tell the difference just by looking at physical appearance. I remember my old folks is able to select a few but not so zhun.

LEGEND, cannot open and see lah, if open liaoz means sell liaoz, if open 10 all no eggs how? I have to buy all 10. siao boh?

Crab+Comparison+3.jpg

but cannot see the lanjeow... really need penis enlargement like pinkie
Yeah, virus. That's correct. But the female got eggs or not still cannot tell leh. Anyway, I will try to spy more by going to the market more often. I know there is some way of telling.

Muthukali

dey, this one looks aroi mak mak, go try it out.

I believe in LOS, freaking easy to get big flower crabs + roe at mai peng price.

dey, this one looks aroi mak mak, go try it out.

I believe in LOS, freaking easy to get big flower crabs + roe at mai peng price.

Dey, flower crab steamed is best. Trust me. But must live one lor. And then go with seafood chilli sauce (green color type). Go with beer bestest!