• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to Eat Nasi Lemak?

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal

12276918_708313385934840_980445462_n.jpg

Which method do you apply?

Method 1

First tranche : Ikanbilis, Egg and Rice with Chili
Second tranche : Chicken Wing and Fish
Then finish up the balance rice

or

Method 2
A bit of everything here and there in no particular order until you finish the meal

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN for my uncle if he uses sg pool money or other people's treat he will start from the most leelicious ones then lastly the lice KNN if use own money he will save the best for last I.e the fish KNN

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN for my uncle if he uses sg pool money or other people's treat he will start from the most leelicious ones then lastly the lice KNN if use own money he will save the best for last I.e the fish KNN
Why is it that if others pay, you eat the expensive ingredients first, but if you have to pay, you eat the cheaper ingredients first?

Going by your logic, so if you go for a buffet lunch or dinner at Shangri-la which you are paying, you will eat cheaper items like salad and mee hoon first instead of prawns, oysters, meat dishes and other seafood?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is it that if others pay, you eat the expensive ingredients first, but if you have to pay, you eat the cheaper ingredients first?

Going by your logic, so if you go for a buffet lunch or dinner at Shangri-la which you are paying, you will eat cheaper items like salad and mee hoon first instead of prawns, oysters, meat dishes and other seafood?
KNN my uncle think generally if he don't need to pay there is a chance after eating the nicest ones the lice will be wasted whereas if ownself pay he will finish all KNN for buffet is leeferent KNN he will attack all the bestest and leave the rest untouch KNN all the available space only to store the bestest KNN

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle think generally if he don't need to pay there is a chance after eating the nicest ones the lice will be wasted whereas if ownself pay he will finish all KNN for buffet is leeferent KNN he will attack all the bestest and leave the rest untouch KNN all the available space only to store the bestest KNN
May I ask if money is very very important to you, as in it ranks above everything including your health (balance meal vs money's worth)?

jw5

Loyal

Method 1

or

Method 2
A bit of everything here and there in no particular order until you finish the meal

I usually eat the chicken last. :coffee:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I ask if money is very very important to you, as in it ranks above everything including your health (balance meal vs money's worth)?
KNN my uncle think you have a slightly wrong perception of my uncle KNN although money is important but health also important KNN my uncle will attack all the bestest food in buffet becas he rarelee goes to buffet (probably once every 5 years KNN) so even he attack all the bestest it is not going to do any harm to his health KNN as for the non buffet my uncle see it as wastage if he were to leave the not so nice food not being eaten if he pays it KNN

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I usually eat the chicken last. :coffee:
Why is that so?

Is it because:

1. You will use your hands to eat the chicken, so you don't want to eat along the way throughout the meal so as not to have oily utensils to hold on. You rather keep it as a last item after you have finished everything else.

or

2. You want to savour the best (assuming it's chicken wing for you) for last?

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle think you have a slightly wrong perception of my uncle KNN although money is important but health also important KNN my uncle will attack all the bestest food in buffet becas he rarelee goes to buffet (probably once every 5 years KNN) so even he attack all the bestest it is not going to do any harm to his health KNN as for the non buffet my uncle see it as wastage if he were to leave the not so nice food not being eaten KNN
Your point is noted. Thank you for your clarification. :thumbsup:

jw5

Loyal
Why is that so?

Is it because:

1. You will use your hands to eat the chicken, so you don't want to eat along the way throughout the meal so as not to have oily utensils to hold on. You rather keep it as a last item after you have finished everything else.

or

2. You want to savour the best (assuming it's chicken wing for you) for last?

Both reasons. :thumbsup:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats is too many sides in the nasi lemak. Normally its just anchovies, peanuts and eggs.simple is best.maybe add some kerang.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

I wash my hands first, chew up the two kuning fish head first. followed by chewing the kuning tails, if they are crispy enough, both heads and tails can be eaten. I’ll continue to tackle the dorsal and ventral fins, similarly, if crispy enough I’ll chew and swallow them. Just need to look out for that T shaped bone just below the ribs of the kuning, else I’ll chew and swallow the ribs and pectoral fins at one go. Next to go would be the meat from the sides are then torn off along the spine of the fish, leaving it looking like a comb.

Once the kuning meat is out, I set them aside for later while I tackle the wings, starting with chewing on the alula then the phalanges, then the meat between the metacarpals. In the mid-joint, meat between the ulna and radius will be removed and set aside with the fish meat. The meat around the humerus will be enjoyed on its own without any rice, may dip into the sambal after most of the meat from the humerus is removed.

With all the bones of the kuning fish and chicken wing out of the way, I slowly eat a bit of protein with rice alongside some sambal- campur campur lah. I eat nasi lemak with my hands, no utensils.

jw5

Loyal
I wash my hands first, chew up the two kuning fish head first. followed by chewing the kuning tails, if they are crispy enough, both heads and tails can be eaten. I’ll continue to tackle the dorsal and ventral fins, similarly, if crispy enough I’ll chew and swallow them. Just need to look out for that T shaped bone just below the ribs of the kuning, else I’ll chew and swallow the ribs and pectoral fins at one go. Next to go would be the meat from the sides are then torn off along the spine of the fish, leaving it looking like a comb.

Once the kuning meat is out, I set them aside for later while I tackle the wings, starting with chewing on the alula then the phalanges, then the meat between the metacarpals. In the mid-joint, meat between the ulna and radius will be removed and set aside with the fish meat. The meat around the humerus will be enjoyed on its own without any rice, may dip into the sambal after most of the meat from the humerus is removed.

With all the bones of the kuning fish and chicken wing out of the way, I slowly eat a bit of protein with rice alongside some sambal- campur campur lah. I eat nasi lemak with my hands, no utensils.

Thanks for the detailed field report. :thumbsup::biggrin:

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Method 1

or

Method 2
knn
this plate of nasilemak how many calories huh
eat liao heart attack or not
haaaa

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
TS please don’t eat too much nasi lemak bad for health with all those fried stuff and coconut milk.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fried food scaremongering has to stop. Nicely deep fried taste absolute fab and crispy.

Nasi Lemak (210g) - Rice made in coconut milk, wrapped in banana leaf with fried egg, anchovies

nasi-lemak-thumb.jpg
KcalProtein (g)Fat (g)Saturated fat (g)
Dietary fibre (g)Carbs (g)Cholesterol (mg)Sodium (mg)

Comment: Although this dish is low in total fat, it is high in saturated fat which increases the risk of heart disease. So, have it only occasionally and don’t ask for extra ingredients like fried chicken wing!