• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to address your son who married your mother?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kolkata man marries his grandmother

Reuters
Posted online: Friday, March 19, 2004 at 1450 hours IST

Panchpara, March 19: A 25-year-old man has married his 80-year-old grandmother because he wanted to take care of her.

Advertisement
¡°I felt she needed extra care as she is old and can look after her better as a husband than as a grandson,¡± Narayan Biswas told Reuters.

¡°As a husband, I am with her all the time, to care for her," said the high school graduate, who farms rice fields and also works as a tutor.

The grandmother, her back bent with age, says she is happy with her young husband whom she married in a traditional Hindu ceremony near Panchpara, a village 150 km (100 miles) West of Calcutta. Her first husband died more than 30 years ago.

¡°I helped bring him up with my own hands and now he looks after me. He is a good husband and ensures I get my meals on time,¡± said Premodas Biswas, a red vermilion streak on her forehead, the mark of a married Hindu woman.

Local officials say marrying a blood relation is illegal under the Hindu Marriage Act, but they have no plans to take action against the couple.

¡°There has been no complaint against them and they are living as husband and wife after a temple ceremony. Their own family has accepted them so we have no plans to act as of now,¡± Dilip Das, a local government official, told Reuters.

Last June, a nine-year-old girl was married to a dog near Calcutta after a priest told her parents the wedding would ward off evil.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Panchpara, March 19: A 25-year-old man has married his 80-year-old grandmother because he wanted to take care of her.

questions: do you need to be married to a person in order to take care of him/her? :confused::confused::confused:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did he tell his father "Dad, I'm marrying your mother, because you married mine."

Maybe the chap heard the old joke and decided to make it real.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The grandmother, her back bent with age, says she is happy with her young husband whom she married in a traditional Hindu ceremony near Panchpara, a village 150 km (100 miles) West of Calcutta. Her first husband died more than 30 years ago.

Last June, a nine-year-old girl was married to a dog near Calcutta after a priest told her parents the wedding would ward off evil.

don't these explain everything?