• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat how much would you settle????

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NP_20161222_KLCRASH22X_1469235.jpg

The couple involved in an accident along the Ayer Rajah Expressway last year, when a man drove his car into oncoming traffic, has reached a settlement with the driver in High Court.

Mr Teh Tze Yong and his wife Janice Choo, both 35, were on a motorcycle on their way to work when a Mercedes-Benz driven by Lim Chai Heng, 53, hurtled towards them on Dec 19 last year.

Lim's car caused a collision involving four cars, a motorcycle and a bus. The incident left one dead.

Madam Choo, an administration executive, broke her left leg while her husband, a forklift driver, had fractures on both hands and injured three fingers.

According to court documents, Lim has accepted full responsibility in a civil suit filed by Mr Teh and his wife. The exact amount of damages will be determined at a later court hearing.

The couple had put in a combined claim of about $553,000 against Lim for damages such as medical and transport expenses and loss of earnings.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was this accident that they man drove his Mercedes Benz in the wrong direction & there was a driver that was pinned against the wall & died?

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Was this accident that they man drove his Mercedes Benz in the wrong direction & there was a driver that was pinned against the wall & died?

yes sir
life along the highway is simply too precarious
you see a lot of mad drivers around
wrong direction no entry sign tyres fly out and kill also got
Singapore is getting siow leow

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes sir
life along the highway is simply too precarious
you see a lot of mad drivers around
wrong direction no entry sign tyres fly out and kill also got
Singapore is getting siow leow

The elderly man was in a hurry...but generally, the drivers here, many don't give a f%$%&k for signs....or they don't understand them, One Way, you see on coming in the other way, No through road, they will go in...Stop at junction....they will just drive as if, it was a straight road & so many other...oh yes! the bigger the NO PARKING sign is....the more vehicles park there.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say both the couple has no future even without the accident as they bo tak chey so the driver should pay them lesser compensation.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The elderly man was in a hurry...but generally, the drivers here, many don't give a f%$%&k for signs....or they don't understand them, One Way, you see on coming in the other way, No through road, they will go in...Stop at junction....they will just drive as if, it was a straight road & so many other...oh yes! the bigger the NO PARKING sign is....the more vehicles park there.

all you said very choon
Singapore drivers and cyclists and the escooters evehicles are mad
I tell you they are all mad
all waiting to long mati with accidents
can you imagine handicapped uncle with motorized wheelchair taking the middle lane
in a busy highway??? you long him ,you die!!!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
53 yrs old is not elderly. He's just a fucked up driver, like so many on sinkie roads. Some are even in supercars.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
53 yrs old is not elderly. He's just a fucked up driver, like so many on sinkie roads. Some are even in supercars.
please pray while on Singapore roads
damned bloody risky
four lanes suddenly become one lane !!!!!
knn you see all sorts of signboards redirecting traffic
no time even to stop!!!
knn you meet mad drivers all over the place
now the edrivers all damned kwailan also
anyhow bang into you!!!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
please pray while on Singapore roads
damned bloody risky
four lanes suddenly become one lane !!!!!
knn you see all sorts of signboards redirecting traffic
no time even to stop!!!
knn you meet mad drivers all over the place
now the edrivers all damned kwailan also
anyhow bang into you!!!
Yes, roads are dangerous. MRT is fucked up. Stay at home better.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Me come back Singapore dare not drive here. Bangkok safer and easier to drive. Drivers there so courteous you signal they slow down and let you go. You wait at a U-turn long time on coming vehicle can stop let you go, vehicle behind the car that stopped will never horn they will let all the vehicle do their u-turn until no more vehicle then they move. I asked why the Thais said there are many vehicle on the road so if he don't give the u-turn vehicle chance to turn that car may have to wait forever. Big heart, cool heart, good heart.

In Singapore when one signal to change lane the rest will be like kan-ni-lau-bu-chao-jeebye it's my lane right of way limpeh block you gao-gao

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also was back in sg for a while, i think the consequences of such accidents are too frequent and mainly attributed by the siao charbors at SPH and mediacock. they have to bear full responsibility for publishing stories that stirred up the feelings of "wire-loose" jealous sinkies. at this point of time, i sincerely hope there won't be another accident at braddell road soon.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was the wife's fault. She scolded him all the way to the Tuas checkpoint. He endured her nagging throughout the journey. It was when she told him that she forgot to bring their passports and told him to turn back that he finally lost his mind. The rest is a tragic history.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Me come back Singapore dare not drive here. Bangkok safer and easier to drive. Drivers there so courteous you signal they slow down and let you go. You wait at a U-turn long time on coming vehicle can stop let you go, vehicle behind the car that stopped will never horn they will let all the vehicle do their u-turn until no more vehicle then they move. I asked why the Thais said there are many vehicle on the road so if he don't give the u-turn vehicle chance to turn that car may have to wait forever. Big heart, cool heart, good heart.

In Singapore when one signal to change lane the rest will be like kan-ni-lau-bu-chao-jeebye it's my lane right of way limpeh block you gao-gao

sibeh choon !!!
sinkie drivers really fartup
limpeh drive old merc also kana horned like hell
this young fast lane dare devils really damned howlian
look at the number of fatal accidents
all fast reckless rash drivers