• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much to change lock on wooden door? No gate

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dropped my key yesterday. Today some idiot tried to come in. This is a crooked neighbour. So he said sorry and i took the key back. I doubt he replicated it but i just want to ask how much to change lock?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
If its the round type one, you can just go to the DIY store and buy one cheaply for about 20-30 RM. You can get it changed out with new keys yourself and just takes about 15 mins to 30 mins. I changed most of the wooden doors myself, even the main doors. Youtube is a good reference. Look for the type that is similar to what you have now. Some locksmiths can rekey the lock and make new keys but its not worth the costs (100 RM) typically to come by and do this.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
More importantly you need to remove the exisitng lock and measure the diameter of the holes currently cut out of your door so you can select a new door lock that fits those dimensions....failing which you may need a carpenter's hole saw to make new or enlarge the existing holes.

JakeWade

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm new on this forum, so please forgive me if my reply sounds a bit out of place. Anyway, let me share a similar incident that happened to me with French doors. A few months back, I misplaced my keys, and like you, I was worried someone might try something sneaky. I didn't want to take any chances, so I decided to change the locks on my wooden door. But then, I thought, "Why not consider UPVC french doors this time?" They have a great reputation for security and style. As for the cost, it can vary depending on where you live and the type of lock you want. But generally, changing a lock shouldn't break the bank. I suggest reaching out to a few local locksmiths for quotes to get an idea.

Last edited: