• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many bodyguards for royal family?

lhlisanidiot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro & Sis

Let's calculate the number of bodyguards needed to protect the royal family.

I will assume that bodyguards work 8 hours shift, 3 shifts needed for 24 hours protection.

Emperor - 5 bodyguards per shift x 3 shifts
15 bodyguards to protect emperor

Elder Prince - 5 per shift x 3 shifts = 15
Elder Prince Wife - 2 per shift x 3 shifts = 6
Elder Prince has 4 Kids - 2 per shift x 3 shifts x 4 kids = 24
45 bodyguards to protect elder prince and family

Younger Prince - 2 per shift x 3 shifts = 6
Younger Prince Wife - 2 per shift x 3 shifts = 6
Younger Prince has 3 kids - 2 per shift x 3 shifts x 3 kids = 18
30 bodyguards to protect younger prince and family

Princess - 2 per shift x 3 shifts = 6
6 bodyguards to protect princess

So an estimated 96 bodyguards are needed to protect the royal family round the clock.

Do you think I've under or overestimated the number of bodyguards needed for the royal family?

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't understand why they require this level of security? If they are really targeted, adding double strength will also not help.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So an estimated 96 bodyguards are needed to protect the royal family round the clock.

Do you think I've under or overestimated the number of bodyguards needed for the royal family?

I do not have the stats but my hunch is that you have overestimated the number of SOs needed for the Lees.

Just making a wild guess - perhaps a third of what you speculated.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they are really targeted, adding double strength will also not help.

Agree with your statement. If someone wants you and he is professionally trained and equipped, triple the strength also useless. But that person must be prepared for death! However thorough they comb the location, screen and check visitors, 'loopholes' will always exist.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Sinkieland is the safest and most prosperous cuntry in the world? What have the aristocrats got to fear? :confused:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with your statement. If someone wants you and he is professionally trained and equipped, triple the strength also useless. But that person must be prepared for death! However thorough they comb the location, screen and check visitors, 'loopholes' will always exist.

How difficult is it to kill a person with a gun when he shakes your hand? One 9mm to his heart at point-blank range and it's over.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should an ordinary MP - LKY is just that - get special protection? He should be paying for the protection out of pocket instead of using our tax dollars!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Security details serve 2 purposes (1) protect the subject from nutjobs, attention seekers and general trouble makers (2) project the importance of subject to the general public. Ask any country and they will tell you that their biggest problem is not assassins or troublemakers but attention seekers. Creating a scene in the presence of a VIP in order to pass a self serving message is paramount akin to moths to light.

3rd world tinpots will have a full complement to impress their local ignorant public and when they travel overseas, they will trim it down significantly not because to save costs but because people will laugh.

In Singapore there is little opportunity for mileage as the local press will not print the event. Chee did it in the US when GCT was receiving his doctorate is a good example.

Last edited: