• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hong-Lim protest proves Pappies threaten uninformed voters all these years!

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
where got bloodshed ?
where got throw stones at the pappies?
where got ding-dong at the park ?

it is the PAPPY-matakias causing all the problems in the past. If there is a bigger scale one, i veri happy to join in. KNN

ST Sep 2, 2008
First legal demo since rule change lasts just 10 minutes
Non-profit group stages protest against maid abuse, watched by curious onlookers and activists
By Li Xueying

SINGAPORE'S first legal demonstration in two decades was held yesterday at the Speakers' Corner - and lasted for all of 10 minutes.

At 7pm, five members of a non-profit group, Hearer of Cries (HOC), gathered metres from the Clarke Quay MRT station exit at Hong Lim Park to stage a protest against employers who abuse their maids.

Against the darkening sky, they erected banners and played music, as a female member - complete with a neck brace - posed as an abused maid.

HOC founder Mike Goh, 46, gave a short message against abuse as others distributed leaflets to an audience of some 20 curious retirees, political activists and office workers on their way home.

By 7.10pm, it was over. There was no procession, shouting or burning of effigies. 'Is that it?' asked a disappointed Mr Steven Lee, 34, an engineer.
LOL, poor Mr Steven Lee. All these years, the PAP government has been telling him that demonstrations are dangerous; they mustn't be allowed; there will be riots; people will be killed etc. I guess Steven must have actually believed the PAP, at least partially.

Personally, I don't think that any demonstration at Hong Lim Park will be more dangerous than, say, the crowds at the Great Robinsons Sale.

Meanwhile (and by pure coincidence no doubt, LOL), today just happens to be the very day that the Straits Times has an article about an event that happened two years ago. And what happened two years ago?

Well, back in September 2006, a lady named Harkirat Kaur distributed some flyers & advertisements at City Hall MRT. What's so unusual about that, I hear you ask. After all, every day, people stand at MRT entrances distributing flyers, advertisements and brochures.

Oooooh, but this is different. Harkirat's flyers were VERY dangerous. She was publicising a demonstration at Hong Lim Park. And you know what the PAP government has been saying about demonstrations all these years, right? Demonstrations are dangerous; they mustn't be allowed; there will be riots; people will be killed etc.

No wonder Harkirat must be punished