• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Holland Village's OK!

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_399726.html

Holland Village's OK!

ALL 106 food establishments and public toilets in Holland Village have been certified Singapore's OK (SOK).

It marks a significant milestone in the Buona Vista's OK! (BV'S OK!)Programme launched by Mr Lim Swee Say, Minister in Prime Minister's Office and Advisor to the Buona Vista Grassroots Organisation.

BV's OK was launched in May this year in support of the recently re-launched Singapore's OK (SOK) programme, a voluntary programme for hawker centres to pledge their commitment to hygiene.

The BV's OK campaign saw Buona Vista Citizens' Consultative Committee (CCC) joining hands with the National Environment Agency (NEA) in engaging the food establishments to have themselves certified SOK.

Of the collaboration, Mr Lim said: 'This is a result of teamwork and commitment. I am happy to see the active participation of foodshop operators in Holland Village, the tireless efforts put in by the Grassroots leaders and volunteers of Buona Vista, and the leadership of NEA in promoting cleanliness and public hygiene.'

Next up on the BV's OK agenda is to have the whole Buona Vista constituency certified SOK in three months' time.

Mr Andrew Tan, Chief Executive Officer of NEA lauded the constituency's efforts amid the H1N1 flu spread.

'We need collective efforts among all stakeholders in the community to mitigate the spread of infectious diseases, and the BV's OK! Programme is one such good example," he said.

'I encourage all constituencies to follow the example of Buona Vista to work towards getting all their food establishments certified Singapore's OK.'

SOK, which was first started in response to the 2003 Sars outbreak and revived on May 1 by the NEA, has been awarded to a total of 11,973 premises as at end June.

A list of premises that have achieved SOK status has been made available on NEA's website (http://app2.nea.gov.sg/SOK2009.aspx) with effect from Monday.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So does the price! And I can't find a place to park!

Cheers!

I trust you're not one of them, but I have to comment on this: stupid or inconsiderate motorists who reverse-park their vehicles around hawker centre parking centres, aiming their exhaust pipes at the dining tables and foodstalls. And actually, more to blame are the building planners; where's the commonsense or decent sense that vehicles (and thus exhaust pipes) should be a certain safe distance away from where food is cooked and consumed?

The government and the majority sees it fit to ban nicotine smoke from dining areas, including open air hawker centres. Which is more harmful? Nicotine smoke or petrol fume?

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I trust you're not one of them, but I have to comment on this: stupid or inconsiderate motorists who reverse-park their vehicles around hawker centre parking centres, aiming their exhaust pipes at the dining tables and foodstalls. And actually, more to blame are the building planners; where's the commonsense or decent sense that vehicles (and thus exhaust pipes) should be a certain safe distance away from where food is cooked and consumed?

The government and the majority sees it fit to ban nicotine smoke from dining areas, including open air hawker centres. Which is more harmful? Nicotine smoke or petrol fume?

All this PAPpy Ministers with their SAF scholars brains are really good for nothing. They plan with their ass and not their brains.

Many times when you see the buildings or structures that is being plan and build by the town council or LTA, they plan without common sense and in blindness. Some more these people who does the planning are SAF scholars or with government scholarship in high positions.

To me they are a bunch of highly paid fuckers who have no passion and love in their work, but only knows how to collect high salaries.

Fuck them!!!