• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hit and Run Accident Left One Dead

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l8767U9p7hE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6:14 AM Yongjin-Jinhua | Zhejiang, China

At about 6:14 AM on the morning of 13th July, a hit and run accident on Yongjin Expressway in
the direction of Jinhua by a heavy-duty semi-trailer left a roadside sweeper seriously injured.

Zhejiang Expressway traffic police detachment in Ningbo city being alerted of the accident, rushed to the
scene and found a female sweeper lying by the road shoulder tendered by kindhearted expressway users.
Unfortunately, the accident victim died while being evacuated to hospital.

Meanwhile, Zhejiang Expressway traffic police immediately started the scene of accident investigation
gathering debris and evidence to try and trace the culprit involved.

From the evidence gathered, police was able to narrow down the lead to a heavy-duty semi-trailer vehicle type.

From highway's CCTVs, highway sensors and toll gates information, they finally managed to found the
accident vehicle 34 km away from the scene of accident. This in turn led them to driver Wang who confused
to causing of the accident.

According to driver Wang, the accident was a result of him falling asleep behind the wheel. This was a result
of fatigue due to lack of sleep as he was driving since 4 pm the previous day.

(Driver Wang) "I was sleeping when the truck hit the guardrail on the right side of the vehicle. I woke up and
pulled the truck over to the left side of the expressway, got out to investigate. There was no big problem to
my truck except for some scratched marks and damages to the guard rail. However, when I looked behind the
truck, about 2 m away, I saw a body lying on the road. The fear in my heart make me dare not approach to
see the body."

"In order to evade my responsibilities, I quickly left the scene. I now regret it." Wang said.

At present, the exact cause(s) of the accident is still under investigation.