• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

High property prices.? - Blame mother in law

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bizarre Logic for High House Prices in China
Critics say claim that mothers-in-law are responsible masks political reality.

MWSnap222.jpg

Chinese officials have been putting forward bizarre explanations for China’s rising real estate prices recently, with Secretary-General of the China Academy of Real Estate, Gu Yunchang, blaming the ever rising housing prices on mothers-in-law.

Gu said a mother-in-law will tend to pressure her son-in-law, regardless of his financial situation, into buying apartments—so as to benefit her daughter.

He made the remarks at the China Real Estate & Finance Annual Forum on Sept. 3. They were picked up and ridiculed widely by bloggers and online media. They were skeptical of the claims, given that mothers-in-law have always been around, whereas housing prices soared only recently.

Peculiar statements from real estate authorities didn’t end there, however.

Real Estate developer Feng Lun said that unmarried young women were the cause of the recent rise in housing prices. He then suggested limiting buyers to age 35 and above.

Professor Dong Fan from Beijing Normal University thinks that couples, living together out of wedlock, have stimulated apartment buying.

However, the actual causes of housing price inflation in China are embedded in the political system and are widely known, according to the Sing Tao Global Network.

Local governments have been using real estate markets to generate revenue and thereby claim “political achievements,” they claim. Real estate developers, in turn, take advantage of loose policies to hoard properties and raise prices. Property speculators have also been driving up the value of the market.

The Sing Tao Global Network also said the reason public figures have not been talking about the core problem of the real estate market is two-fold. First of all, they are benefiting from the high housing prices and do not want to acknowledge there is a problem; secondly, they want to shirk responsibility for their poor management of the housing market, according to the Network.

In comparison to common people, who have no way to lobby for or safeguard their interests, the economic, political and cultural elite do.

At the end of last month, China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) bought eight apartment buildings in Beijing Taiyang Star City at one-third the market price.

CNPC’s Northern China Sales Company also bought the Baoshihuahuan Community in Beijing. After the purchase it was reported that every official ranked above Associate Section Chief got a free apartment.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

Don't you know it is me who sell my overpriced pigeon holes concept to them?
At a price of course.:biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just checked with my colleague in Shanghai. He confirmed that the article is true. lol.

And I always thought that only MY politicians have a good sense of humour

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think big picture why property prices are up is due to economic development. Chinese make more money, they buy nicer cars and condos.

Most parents want their kids to marry well. Which parent would wish for their daughter to marry into poverty. After all they only have one kids and most likely parents have dumped in a lot of their resource into child's edu.

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think big picture why property prices are up is due to economic development. Chinese make more money, they buy nicer cars and condos.

Most parents want their kids to marry well. Which parent would wish for their daughter to marry into poverty. After all they only have one kids and most likely parents have dumped in a lot of their resource into child's edu.

Property prices and stock prices went up recently..after the economic stimulus package money was poured into the economy via lending by banks.

But the funds went into speculation in property and equity.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of speculation in property in countries that can afford the stimulus. In a way we must be grateful for the US and China for their stimulus packages. It is helping to prop up the global economy. That is the problem with stimulus. But lets not forget that a lot of increase in property prices is due to economic growth.

Just look at the number of people that have been lifted above the poverty line in China as a result of the last 20 years of development.

Property prices and stock prices went up recently..after the economic stimulus package money was poured into the economy via lending by banks.

But the funds went into speculation in property and equity.