• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hidden Poverty in Singapore? It happens anywhere in the world!

Isogallardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same headlines can be used for every country. Tell me which countries do not have poverty?

1015944_796238213726419_332954003_o.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There is definitely no poverty in Singapore because the family they used to illustrate poverty lived in an apartment with running water, electricity and a flat screen LCD TV.

I was still using my good old CRT TV till 3 years ago simply because I thought flat screens were ridiculously expensive. I finally had no choice because the old TV gave up the ghost and I was forced to buy a new one.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is definitely no poverty in Singapore because the family they used to illustrate poverty lived in an apartment with running water, electricity and a flat screen LCD TV.

I was still using my good old CRT TV till 3 years ago simply because I thought flat screens were ridiculously expensive. I finally had no choice because the old TV gave up the ghost and I was forced to buy a new one.

Hey Ponce aka LeongSam,

Don't you get BORED writing the SAME OLD Story again ?

meepokboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
POVERTY is such an extreme word. but there are so many people living from hand to mouth, which is very much still evident here in sg and many other developed countries

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
POVERTY is such an extreme word. but there are so many people living from hand to mouth, which is very much still evident here in sg and many other developed countries

Many upper middle class families are living from hand to mouth too. Some have huge negative equity.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
http://www.thomaslekfeldt.com/story26.html

OVERLOOKED - POVERTY IN DENMARK

Denmark is one of the richest countries in the World, and also one of the most economically equal countries. But this is changing fast. From 2001 until 2007 the number of poor people in Denmark grew by 50 percent, even though this was a time when the financial situation was very good. This is according to the OECD poverty line, as there is no official poverty line in Denmark. The three families in this picture story are just a few of the people living below the poverty line.
The Ohgrøn family lives in a worn down farmhouse in Ledøje, north west of Copenhagen. There are seven members of the family: the father Per, the mother Sussie and their five children Michelle, Dennis, Dan, Patrick and Daniel. Both parents receive social welfare benefits and the suffer from various illnesses that make it impossible for them to have a job.
Lawand, Narin and their four children are Syrian Kurds. They have escaped from Syria because Lawand, the father of the family, was imprisoned and tortured twice. He tells that there were days when he was hung by his legs for hours. Other days he was locked in a dark closet. He was whipped and beaten with fists. The family lives in two small rooms in the Red Cross Center Avnstrup. Including the little hallway, which is full of footwear in all sizes, the family has around 30 square meters room for sleeping, reading, watching TV and eating. The bathroom is down the corridor in the opposite direction of the communal kitchen. Every fortnight they receive a small allowance.
Connie receives social welfare benefits. She and her two children Christina and Oscar have 3.000 dkr. to pay for food, clothes, diapers, transport, and entertainment when the rent, other regular expenses and her many, expensive loans have been paid. Connie is no longer able to work because of various illnesses. She has asthma, a bad back, and she has suffered from depression and anxiety attacks.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.thomaslekfeldt.com/story26.html

OVERLOOKED - POVERTY IN DENMARK

Denmark is one of the richest countries in the World, and also one of the most economically equal countries. But this is changing fast. From 2001 until 2007 the number of poor people in Denmark grew by 50 percent, even though this was a time when the financial situation was very good. This is according to the OECD poverty line, as there is no official poverty line in Denmark. The three families in this picture story are just a few of the people living below the poverty line.
The Ohgrøn family lives in a worn down farmhouse in Ledøje, north west of Copenhagen. There are seven members of the family: the father Per, the mother Sussie and their five children Michelle, Dennis, Dan, Patrick and Daniel. Both parents receive social welfare benefits and the suffer from various illnesses that make it impossible for them to have a job.
Lawand, Narin and their four children are Syrian Kurds. They have escaped from Syria because Lawand, the father of the family, was imprisoned and tortured twice. He tells that there were days when he was hung by his legs for hours. Other days he was locked in a dark closet. He was whipped and beaten with fists. The family lives in two small rooms in the Red Cross Center Avnstrup. Including the little hallway, which is full of footwear in all sizes, the family has around 30 square meters room for sleeping, reading, watching TV and eating. The bathroom is down the corridor in the opposite direction of the communal kitchen. Every fortnight they receive a small allowance.
Connie receives social welfare benefits. She and her two children Christina and Oscar have 3.000 dkr. to pay for food, clothes, diapers, transport, and entertainment when the rent, other regular expenses and her many, expensive loans have been paid. Connie is no longer able to work because of various illnesses. She has asthma, a bad back, and she has suffered from depression and anxiety attacks.

denmark let in syrians terrorists... i totally bochup loh

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i see the hidden poor in singapore, i do i do, i see them every week lining up in front of singapore pools. i am sure singapore pools will be much richer if singapore become a welfare state.

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal

If Singapore is that great, why are you living in NZ?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If Singapore is that great, why are you living in NZ?

Because I'm retired and I don't have to earn a living and NZ has more space for my hobbies and sports.

If I wanted to start another enterprise, I'd be back in Singapore in a flash. NZ is a backwater compared to vibrant Singapore.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The trouble is that Sinkees made a mistake of trusting PAP too much and believe that under LEE, there will be no poverty.

After they voted for PAP over and over, they realised that there is still poverty and so KPKB in SBF.

Under a democracy where Sinkees do not need to surrender their "backsides" to PAP, they will get the same lousy deal after the struggle.

A lot of Sinkees are seeing light now when it is too late, but many more are sinking.

Sinkees suffer, while FTs prosper

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The trouble is that Sinkees made a mistake of trusting PAP too much and believe that under LEE, there will be no poverty.

After they voted for PAP over and over, they realised that there is still poverty and so KPKB in SBF.

I saw poverty in Singapore in the 60s and early 70s. However, once LKY transformed the nation, I have not seen poverty since.

It is true that there are some low income earners who can't afford fancy stuff but that doesn't equate to poverty. Poverty is when you don't have a roof over your head and you have no idea where you next meal is coming from and when it will arrive.

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because I'm retired and I don't have to earn a living and NZ has more space for my hobbies and sports.

If I wanted to start another enterprise, I'd be back in Singapore in a flash. NZ is a backwater compared to vibrant Singapore.

Haha. So is Singapore not a good place for retirement?