• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Healthier char kway teow anyone???

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ST_20131205_HCEAT05_3947164e.jpg

The noodles in Snow Mount’s char kway teow (above) are made from a mix of brown rice and white rice. -- ST PHOTOS: DESMOND FOO

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/case-you-missed-it/story/healthier-fried-fare-20131208

....Fried food is hardly healthy, but the Szes have made their fare more wholesome by whipping it up with less artery-clogging oil.

The oil contains less saturated fat, which is converted into low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, or "bad" cholesterol, after being consumed......

Would you give this healthy version of Char Kway Teow a try??? Healthier???

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok jokes aside,,this healthier fried kway teow,,,does it taste better than the standard version??its the lard that makes it tasty,,

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kopisai mother chow chee bye every minute kena char by bangalas at geylang. And kopisai get some pocket money to pay for subscription at sbf. Leongsam gamsiah kopisai mother phua chee bye.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why be so kiasi if you want to indulge in good food? There's always the option of an $8 bypass surgery.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ok jokes aside,,this healthier fried kway teow,,,does it taste better than the standard version??its the lard that makes it tasty,,

Char Kway Teow without lard is not Char Kway Teow. I love more lard and more fried.

Maybe I will go down and have a try on this so called healthier version.

I take all my noodles with fragrant fried lard...simply delicious!!!

The Cholesterol Myth is really A BIG CON JOB!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why be so kiasi if you want to indulge in good food? There's always the option of an $8 bypass surgery.

YOU are absolutely spot on!!
I tried the low fat and high calcium Mag milk and it tastes like water!
I 've thrown that into the longkang!!!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will Char Kway Teow stall owner
Throw in extra fried egg or two
Free of charge just for me sir
If I were holding cabinet post

Will I have the moral compass
To tell him not to treat me special
For once we go down this slippery slope
Squeaky clean will be nothing but a mirage

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If u r pinky and u go to a hawker stall,,u sure get the makan for free,,and u get yr photo taken with the stall owner too

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good point,,,very wise words,,,to be honest,,what a way to go,,eat good food and kenna heart attack and mati,,,better than die slowly with dementia and all the other BS,,,

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have to admit after all the BS u sprout, this is one thing that make sense...but everything in moderation...

Char Kway Teow without lard is not Char Kway Teow. I love more lard and more fried.

Maybe I will go down and have a try on this so called healthier version.

I take all my noodles with fragrant fried lard...simply delicious!!!

The Cholesterol Myth is really A BIG CON JOB!!!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST_20131205_HCEAT05_3947164e.jpg

The noodles in Snow Mount’s char kway teow (above) are made from a mix of brown rice and white rice. -- ST PHOTOS: DESMOND FOO

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/case-you-missed-it/story/healthier-fried-fare-20131208

....Fried food is hardly healthy, but the Szes have made their fare more wholesome by whipping it up with less artery-clogging oil.

The oil contains less saturated fat, which is converted into low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, or "bad" cholesterol, after being consumed......

Would you give this healthy version of Char Kway Teow a try??? Healthier???

healthier char kway trow = get maintained at 7% = impossible

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is the most important consideration.

Does it taste good?

I do not give a flying fuck to anything else.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

great post!!! great wisdom!!!