• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

He Served NS for BEST PAID Govt, But Got No Job!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Need a job?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>Each week, The Sunday Times' Jobs section will feature two readers who are looking for jobs. A recruitment expert will look through their resumes and suggest what they should do or aim for to increase their chances of getting employed. E-mail your resume (with photo) to [email protected] </TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_JOB2.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Tan Gim Leong
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>
viewMorePhotos.gif
View more photos
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->A passion for training

Tan Gim Leong, 42

A former customer quality manager at a computer manufacturing company in China, he returned to Singapore in end-2007 when his contract ended. Since then, he has done relief teaching and is attending a training programme for trainers. <P
He has 14 years of experience in the computer manufacturing line.
He has a bachelor's degree in electrical and electronics engineering from Nanyang Technological University.
HE SAYS

'I'd like to be a trainer since I have some experience doing in-house training for engineers at my previous jobs. Training is my passion as I enjoy sharing my knowledge with others.'
HR EXPERT RECOMMENDS

Ms Tricia Hoy, assistant manager of GMP Group, says:
'Gim Leong has a very clear direction of what he would like to do. He has even taken up a training course to be a qualified trainer.
He should take advantage of the networking opportunities present at the course as some training-company heads may be attending such courses as well.
Since he has a passion for teaching and training, he might also want to consider becoming a lecturer on a contract basis.
He should apply for lecturing positions at the polytechnics as well as private schools.'
E-mail: [email protected]

<HR SIZE=1 width="50%">
An interest in HR
Foo Peow Chin, 44

The former administrative executive at a local environmental company lost her job when it lost its contract.
She has experience in human resource administrative work. At her last job, she supervised a staff of 14.
She is looking for a position in administration and human resource.
She did her A levels at Serangoon Garden Secondary School.
SHE SAYS

'I'm looking for a job in human resource and I don't mind starting from scratch.'
HR EXPERTS RECOMMEND

Assistant manager Nancy Oon from GMP Group says:
'Peow Chin should consider taking up part-time courses in human resource to better her chances of getting a job.
She can also try applying for office-manager positions at SMEs since she has experience taking care of the office and handling staff attendance.
Human resource personnel are still in demand as every company needs a human resource person.' E-mail: [email protected]