• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

He crashes as he crosses finish line

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,194809,00.html?

He crashes as he crosses finish line
Man's first S'pore race is his last. He dies two days after bike meet
By Amanda Yong

March 06, 2009

NP_IMAGES_AMRACE-K73.jpg

HE LOVED BIKES: Mr Mohammad Feroz Abdul Abbas posing with his Suzuki DRZ scrambler bike. PICTURE: COURTESY OF MISS SITI NOR

ECSTATIC that her boyfriend had just won the bike race, Miss Siti Nor, 24, was busy snapping photographs of his winning moment.

But that euphoria was shortlived.

That victory - one of many the avid biker had achieved in his one year of racing - turned out to be Mr Mohammad Feroz Abdul Abbas' last.

Seconds after he crossed the finish line, the 28-year-old flew off his scrambler and slid across the race track, Miss Siti said.

His 400cc Suzuki DRZ, fitted with road tyres, fell onto his body, which was lying face-up. He was sent to the National University Hospital (NUH), but died two days later.

Miss Siti was standing with other spectators less than 10m away when the accident happened at the Tuas Supermotard Race on Sunday.

The race was organised by EZ Motorsports and endorsed by the Singapore Motorsports Association (SMSA), the national sporting association for motorbike racing.

NP_IMAGES_AMRACE-6M2.jpg

Miss Siti Nor with a photo of her boyfriend and his trophies. TNP PICTURE: CHOO CHWEE HUA

Paramedics carried him to the private ambulance stationed a few metres away from the incident spot, Miss Siti told The New Paper.

A spectator, who was right in front of the chequered flag at the finishing line, said: 'I saw him cross the finishing line. I turned away and the next thing I saw was that his body had hit the tyre wall.'

Miss Siti, who rushed to Mr Mohammad Feroz's side, said that he was conscious before he was carried into the ambulance.

'His eyes were still open and he was awake, but he was like a ragdoll, his body was all limp,' she said.

But he passed out in the ambulance on the way to the hospital with him, said Miss Siti, who was in the ambulance with him.

Mr Mohammad Feroz died on Tuesday at around 10.45pm.

When contacted, a police spokesman said the police received a call at about 11.50am informing them of a man injured at Tuas West Drive.

Police are investigating the unnatural death.

Although Mr Mohammad Feroz got his bike licence 10 years ago, he only started to get involved in racing just over a year ago after he switched to a better-paying job as a surveyor at the end of 2007.

'Bike racing is a very expensive hobby, and he spent a few thousands a month on it,' said Miss Siti, a hair colourist.

Despite that, she did not discourage him from pursuing his passion.

She was the one who bought him the 1 1/2-year-old Suzuki DRZ he was riding on the day of the race.

'I was his number one supporter,' said Miss Siti, who helped him decorate the bike.

'See the stickers on the bike? I made those,' she said, pointing to a photo of Mr Mohammad Feroz on the Suzuki DRZ.

'I believe that if someone loves something so much, you shouldn't stop him from doing it.'

The couple had been dating for three years and was planning to get married soon.

Mr Mohamamad Feroz's younger brother, who declined to be named, said his brother took after their father.

'My father is also fanatic about bikes,' he said.

The 22-year-old, who works in the food and beverage industry, added: 'My brother spent more time with his bikes than with anyone else.'

Mr Mohammad Feroz, the second of three children, also owned a Honda CBR1000RR which he bought as a birthday present last September.

He has an older sister, 34, a businesswoman.

Awarded for bravery

Before this incident, Mr Mohammad Feroz had never suffered any serious injuries while participating in races, his younger brother said.

The race was the first in Singapore which Mr Mohammad Feroz had taken part in.

He had previously raced in Malaysia and was a regular on the circuits in Sepang and Pasir Gudang, said Miss Siti.

He had also won some of those races.

'He always wanted to be the best in every race,' Miss Siti said.

The biker had also been given an award for bravery in 2006 by his then employer.

His younger brother showed The New Paper the award, and said: 'There was a fire in his workplace and he was the only one who stayed behind to put out the fire. He was that sort of guy.'

Despite being a regular racer, Mr Mohammad Feroz never shook off the pre-race jitters.

'He was always kan cheong (nervous and anxious) before each race,' Miss Siti said.

And the last thing he said to his girlfriend also revealed that.

Smiling to herself - for the first time in the interview - she recalled what he told her half in jest.

'He asked me: 'What if I come in last? Will I still be your boyfriend'?'

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't want to siund racist...guitar, ganga, motorcycles...many children, borrow money after getting their gaji, on MC after collecting their gaji...are associated with...hmmm:p

Years back I have a despatched young man working for me, same type mentioned in the news, earning not much, bought a very expensive bike, and every month paying by installments. Every month after pay day,...will borrow money!!..

Is this an iherited trait?:cool:

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is the use of being no. 1 ? this does not have any actual help to improve the quality of life. on the contrary, spend more, rather than use the money for well-being of the living, to be no. 1

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
No 1. In supporting their sponsors ! 00.1 in brain matter !

Why have to be Sillyporeans in making headlines in stupidity !

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
{{
'He was always kan cheong (nervous and anxious) before each race,' Miss Siti said.

And the last thing he said to his girlfriend also revealed that.

Smiling to herself - for the first time in the interview - she recalled what he told her half in jest.

'He asked me: 'What if I come in last? Will I still be your boyfriend'?'
}}

touching... malay indie movie material. 'based on a true story'.

wishing the family, and girlfriend of the deceased well... take care.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't want to siund racist..earning not much, bought a very expensive bike, and every month paying by installments. Every month after pay day,...will borrow money!!..
Is this an inherited trait?:cool:

I think you are passing judgment based on East Asian values of thrift, hard work ect2.

But to me the issue is- who is happier?
You may be better of materially , but spiritually and in terms of happiness, are you better off?

Who lead a more fulfilling life, the people of China/Japan/Korea ect2 or those of Malaysia, Thailand,Fiji, Samoa ect2,